• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very lame little NYCC thread
3 3

87 posts in this topic

:applause:Great report and pics T. Glad to see you posting, you are missed when you don't post for a while. 

SUPER pickups

...and i went through (or thought i did )every dealers Romance boxes on Thursday. Where the :censored: were those Coles hiding?!?! :whatthe:

Edited by sagii

6 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Sqeggs, I was at Harley's booth Thursday afternoon and he was showing the Cow Puncher, the Sensation and the pair of Coles. I'm guessing you were right there looking at them... wish I'd known who you were, would have said hi. Killer pickups!

And I wish I'd known it was you.  And I'm glad you didn't buy them first!

Did you also see the Mystic 9 8.0 he had?  I was sorely tempted by it, but instead of his usual arm and a leg, he was asking an arm, a leg, and most of the other leg. I bargained him down a little, but when I came back on Sunday to continue dickering, he had sold it -- he said at the price I had passed on.  Terrific book. 

14 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause:Great report and pics T. Glad to see you posting, you are missed when you don't post for a while. 

SUPER pickups

...and i went through (or thought i did )every dealers Romance boxes on Thursday. Where the :censored: where those Coles hiding?!?! :whatthe:

They were all from Harley.  I think he had just gotten them in. I was shocked at the reasonable price he was asking for the Patsy Walker 25.  It's a Louise Altson painted cover that's tough to find in higher grade.  So far as I can tell, there are zero copies on the census (although the census for Patsys from that period is kind of screwed up).

Edited by Sqeggs

3 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

As you might know, that Confessions 11 is particularly tough. Nice one.

Hitlers and romance. You must be quite the fun date!

Eclectic! That's the word you were searching for. :baiting:

You picked up some pretty cool books and happy to have a chat with some wonderful board members.I couldn't pick a favorite out of that pile but the Power is one you never see anymore glad you got it.(thumbsu

Edited by comicjack

Just now, comicjack said:

You picked up some pretty cool books and happy to have a chat with some wonderful board members.I couldn't pick a favorite out that pile but the Power is one you never see anymore glad you got it.(thumbsu

Thanks.  I was happy to get it.  The census indicates that there are a few copies around, but I agree that you just don't seem to see them. 

1 minute ago, comicnoir said:

That Cowpuncher 2 came from Harley? It was raw the last couple of times I saw it. Called it 9.0/9.2. It was tempting, but I went for others stuff instead, including a Jetta 6.

Yep.  He had just picked it up from CGC.  I don't think it's on the census yet. 

Edited by Sqeggs
Clarification

Great report, I ALMOST wish I had been there...

Then I thought about the parking, the hard floors, the crowds, the pick pockets and...I was ok with not going;) 

Then I saw the Sensation and I was jealous. Great pickups! 

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Great report, I ALMOST wish I had been there...

Then I thought about the parking, the hard floors, the crowds, the pick pockets and...I was ok with not going;) 

Then I saw the Sensation and I was jealous. Great pickups! 

Well, they do have that new subway station now.  :)

4 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Killer report, awesome additions to your collection, and they've prompted a prediction -- Kirkpatrick covers are gonna heat up one day; she has a lot of stunning work. That Real Love is a sleeper gem!

I am with you on that.  I really like her work.  Kind of minimalist backgrounds compared with Baker and Cole, but her main figures are drawn as well as anyone.  Not that I know much about composition and all that stuff, but I do know what I like!

48 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Sqeggs, I was at Harley's booth Thursday afternoon and he was showing the Cow Puncher, the Sensation and the pair of Coles. I'm guessing you were right there looking at them... wish I'd known who you were, would have said hi. Killer pickups!

we really should have a “boardie” t shirt we can all wear to cons.

2 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:
51 minutes ago, Point Five said:

we really should have a “boardie” t shirt we can all wear to cons.

Excellent idea!

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I am with you on that.  I really like her work.  Kind of minimalist backgrounds compared with Baker and Cole, but her main figures are drawn as well as anyone.  Not that I know much about composition and all that stuff, but I do know what I like!

I also think her characters are very expressive; I'm no artist either, but she renders moments that feel very real.