• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

I was ogling over this book in the Show Me Your Timely's thread in the Gold section yesterday. Did the book change hands that quick?

I would buy detached centerfold books all day like this. 

Congrats and wow. 

2 hours ago, Ovrclck said:
6 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

I was ogling over this book in the Show Me Your Timely's thread in the Gold section yesterday. Did the book change hands that quick?

Looks like it. :)

Very proactive acquisition! (thumbsu

When I first saw your scan in this thread, I had a deja vu moment. It took me a few minutes to remember it was posted in the Gold section (by another boardie).

I've added quite a bit since I got suspended (RIP NY resolution):

• Spawn Origins HC 1-8 (6 First Editions)
  • Absolute Flashpoint
  • Absolute Watchmen
  • Absolute World's Greatest Superheroes
  • Absolute Justice
  • Marvels: Platinum Edition

I read Flashpoint, and it's a great piece of work from the last decade, which is rare IMO. I haven't read Watchmen in over a decade. I'm now obsessed with Alex Ross, so getting all of these limited series painted by him in hardcovers will be very fun to read.

6 minutes ago, Capn17 said:

I am happy to say I now have a complete run of Web Of Spider-Man.  Thanks to a fellow board member that I got the last piece from.  It is a complete run, but it does have a mix of newsstand and direct editions.  

Took a little time to chip away and get each, but love the process of scavenging for each one.

WoSM.jpg

There were some great cover's in that run, forgive me for not being too familiar with the stories though :shy: but a big CONGRATS ;) 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

There were some great cover's in that run, forgive me for not being too familiar with the stories though :shy: but a big CONGRATS ;) 

It's been awhile for me as well.  I am currently taking on the challenge of reading at least the first volume of Amazing Spider-Man.  Reading 1-2 books a day during lunch break. Currently have #18 queued up next.

10 minutes ago, Capn17 said:

It's been awhile for me as well.  I am currently taking on the challenge of reading at least the first volume of Amazing Spider-Man.  Reading 1-2 books a day during lunch break. Currently have #18 queued up next.

I remember reading those in the "Spider-man-Classic's" issue series as a kid :whee: some good stories, but I remember it hitting a stride later, Stan is hard on a 5-7 year old lol private school or not hahaha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

Someone sent me a package with postage all over it like this.  I want to personally say I am sorry to anyone from Punta Gorda Florida that had to wait on the line behind the seller as the cashier made sure the right amount of postage was affixed. Comic was very well packed though. 

IMG_8960.jpeg

Looks like there were not cancelled. If you can carefully peel them off … lol 

28 minutes ago, blue808 said:

Looks like there were not cancelled. If you can carefully peel them off … lol 

I believe that it is somewhere in a pile in New Jersey or Staten Island... lol 

1 hour ago, Capn17 said:

I am happy to say I now have a complete run of Web Of Spider-Man.  Thanks to a fellow board member that I got the last piece from.  It is a complete run, but it does have a mix of newsstand and direct editions.  

Took a little time to chip away and get each, but love the process of scavenging for each one.

WoSM.jpg

Congratulations on completing your Web of Spider-man run, there is always something satisfying when you do.

4 hours ago, Capn17 said:

WoSM.jpg

That was the first Spider-Man book I ever bought, I remember riding my bike to the convenience store at the end of the street and buying it. Congrats on completing your run!