• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, an99 said:

Really? Lol ... what's wrong with Pepe?

Okay, so I just googled Pepe and found an article from the Washington Post about him being removed from the Space Jam reboot movie. Apparently he's a sexual predator. Who knew? :p

3 hours ago, batmiesta said:

You're joking right? WTF for?

Lots of misinformation here. No one called to cancel Pepe, all that happened was that the director of the new Space Jam film removed the scene he was in from the final movie. That's all it took to get the rumour mill going and for that comic to now be "hot"

3 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I am so stoked for this one! Puppeteer Lee is my favorite current cover artist, and I won this in a no-reserve auction for what I believe was a ridiculous steal. This is my first SS book, and it's got a beautiful hand-painted remarque:

IMG_1972.thumb.jpg.18879c6b9542f18e15420850c0e58cc3.jpg

And then to top it off, I saw this on his Instagram - he said there were only 16 painted remarques, and in the pic he shared, that's this book in the upper right. Pretty cool!

930423855_PuppeteerLee.thumb.png.81ab9a0afd9537fc50116adcd9fc4578.png

That remarque is beautiful. You made me very curious though, what was the price you got it for?

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

That remarque is beautiful. You made me very curious though, what was the price you got it for?

I won it at $104.50. When these were first sold on the website it looks like they were $275 - and there's another Puppeteer Lee SS with a remarque of Wonder Woman currently for sale on eBay that a seller has listed for a BIN of $399.

It was a mid-day ending auction, and it looks they they mostly sell other collectibles (they only have one other comic for sale currently out of more than 700 items) so I feel like I just lucked out - right place, right time, right circumstance. But there were 38 total bids, so maybe I'm just overestimating the value/desire for this? Either way, I absolutely love it! And when I think of some of the stupid things I've spent $100 on, this was a no-brainer for me... xD

1 minute ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I won it at $104.50. When these were first sold on the website it looks like they were $275 - and there's another Puppeteer Lee SS with a remarque of Wonder Woman currently for sale on eBay that a seller has listed for a BIN of $399.

It was a mid-day ending auction, and it looks they they mostly sell other collectibles (they only have one other comic for sale currently out of more than 700 items) so I feel like I just lucked out - right place, right time, right circumstance. But there were 38 total bids, so maybe I'm just overestimating the value/desire for this? Either way, I absolutely love it! And when I think of some of the stupid things I've spent $100 on, this was a no-brainer for me... xD

That's one heck of a STEAL! Best 100$ I could think of spending. Congrats man, and for a first SS that is pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I've been saying this ever since they tried to cancel french fries.

Joe Camel didn't like being cancelled either.. 1399670362_giphy-1(1).gif.5b49396025be86b3a26f92fd83e65af1.gif

On 3/20/2021 at 10:54 PM, F For Fake said:

Almost forgot about these. Bought a bunch of junk at a Peddlers Mall in a town a couple of hours away. First up, Joe Quest continues!

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3308.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3311.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3314.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3319.JPG

e

That's awesome.  I have found the higher GI Joes are harder to come by or are at a premium price.  I've been trying to re-acquire my GI joe collection that I foolishly sold 20 yrs ago.  :/