• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Very nice @PunisherPunisherPunisher.  WBN looks really clean!

The original owner had it up for $550 here in Aus, I emailed them about what price they would sell it for, they got back to me with $470, I passed, 4 weeks later without a sale, they put it up for auction and I won it for $200 which I thought was a bargain price...so I was happy 

7 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

The original owner had it up for $550 here in Aus, I emailed them about what price they would sell it for, they got back to me with $470, I passed, 4 weeks later without a sale, they put it up for auction and I won it for $200 which I thought was a bargain price...so I was happy 

Wow!  That is a bargain!  Congrats!

@Kramerica@1950's war comics

Sorry, last post is bugged for me at the moment.  I read through the first 3 books and they're all an assortment of short stories inspired by the Haunted Mansion.  Some of the stories thus far have been good taking details from the ride and developing a backstory for them.  For example, there's a story about the coffin with the ghost screaming to be let out.  Then there's the main story which is broken into 6 parts through the first 6 books which details Gracey and how he came to be in possession of the manor.  None of the stories are canon (as far as I'm concerned).  But I could see some of the stories doing a fairly good job adding additional depth to the ride experience.

For the most part the art feels like it's been pulled from the Cartoon Network on a Saturday morning.  It's all black and white.  And it's certainly not what I'm accustomed to.  Then again, the book is probably targeted towards younger audiences, so don't expect some Jim Lee style pencilwork.  Also, the text and lettering looks like they just took a simple Paint program and added a text box over some of the word bubbles.  All in all, while I would say half of the stories have been pretty good thus far, the overall production of the book definitely feels like it's been handled by a small time publisher.

That being said, would I pay current eBay prices for the books?  Probably not.  If I ever came across them in a $0.25, $0.50, or $1 bin would I grab them?  As a fan of the Haunted Mansion/Disneyland, I think it's definitely worth picking up at that price.  There are definitely enough enjoyable stories at that price point that the books are worth your while.

26 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

ASM 148 was the first Marvel comic I ever purchased off the rack. I always look for high grade copies of this issue at comic shows and can attest that they're hard to come by. Very tough book.

I recently sold a CGC 9.6 on eBay. I had it listed for a month or so & had a post up on the eBay dealer forum here on this site