• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 134

23 posts in this topic

So a local shop has this in VF- at $25 (double checked my noted, F+ was a different issue!). Properly graded and such. Just put it up. I wonder if it will still be there on Friday? Probably a minimum $40 book on ebay in that shape right now. Maybe $50. I should probably roll the dice and be able to pay for Friday night Pizza night with the proceeds (too bad I'm doing the no carb thing). He has a lot of the Byrne x-men priced and graded fairly, but they are closer calls in terms of profitability...money makers if an actions follows the path of higher ending auctions, slight losers if average or below average...

Edited by the blob

Did you mean to have this conversation using your inside voice?

I dont get the surge in interest for Dark Phoenix, let alone the going rate for 101, or any of the Ms Marvel name changes.  Still, I'd say you should buy it, sell it to a young fan at cost, and buy your own pizza, you can afford it.

Hate to say it but after seeing apocalypse I have little faith this movie will be great and then you have an xfactor 6 value drop. Better get that pizza while you can. Apocalypse and dark Phoenix are great characters forgetting the movies and I love my xfactor 6 signed by Louise simonson. 

I'd say buy it. Even with a back Dark Phoenix movie I think it will hold up there for a while. A lot of the Byrne run of X-Men have been undervalued for a while. I never completed the run but think I should before too much more time passes. Loads of first appearances and those are the books that have shaped the development of the X-Men ever since.

13 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I'd say buy it. Even with a back Dark Phoenix movie I think it will hold up there for a while. A lot of the Byrne run of X-Men have been undervalued for a while. I never completed the run but think I should before too much more time passes. Loads of first appearances and those are the books that have shaped the development of the X-Men ever since.

I need a full Byrne run.

Slabbed ...

9.4/9.6 ...

just sayin !

12 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It took me a while to find a nicely centered 134 in 9.8.  Now 9.8's are up over $700.  Glad I finished the Byrne run when I did as prices have shot up across the board.

Hey Congrats! All in 9.8?

5 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:
20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey Congrats! All in 9.8?

No, I refuse to pay the $1000 plus for a #120 in 9.8.  So it will never be a full run in 9.8.

I hear that :foryou: there was a raw half the run at one of the LCS that I seldom go to, and it was all priced to the moon.... Surprising that a 9.8 1st Alpha Flight is priced higher that a 9.8 #134 too...

either way, CONGRATS ON THE RUN! would definitely cost more today.....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

21 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

And? He's asking about reality, not some waste of paper containing random numbers.

Reality is what someone is willing to pay or has paid for anything.

The LCS has this book priced at $25.00 and the Price Guide has it listed at $25.00, if someone pays $25.00 that sounds like reality to me.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:04 AM, marvelmaniac said:

You do realize that $25.00 is guide, right???

2015/2016 OSPG has X-Men 134 in VF 8.0 @ $31.00.

So? They are selling for 150% of guide. Or were when I posted. Guide is not relevant. Guide is useful for double checking dates, artists, first apps, etc. I enjoy reading The fictionalized reports. The prices are meaningless. If they were I would have about $20k worth of Donald Duck comics. I have not bought a guide since the Hughes catwoman cover.

Edited by the blob

2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

:applause:

I had to do something. I am the age where this can catch up with you fast. It's not like being an overweight 28 year old. Lost 20 so far. 100-130 to go. No bread, pasta, starch, sweets, etc.  or beer for a month so far. Vodka is ok on this diet. I miss having a beer, not that I drank that much before.

Edited by the blob