• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2018 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

558 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

What's on everyone's Christmas  or holiday list?

Reveal hidden contents

I want good health and good will to my family and friends ( including everyone here)

Family fun without the family drama.

Holidays have been especially great since my "aunt"* moved to FL. She's a racist POS and nobody misses her other than my grandmother (unfortunately).

*Biological aunt. Not family to me.

Holidays can be especially emotionally draining. Having stress-free get-togethers is so important to me nowadays. As a kid, it was fun to b%^&* about, but it's annoying to just complain about a person for hours after they leave as a close-to-30's adult.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Family fun without the family drama.

Holidays have been especially great since my "aunt"* moved to FL. She's a racist POS and nobody misses her other than my grandmother (unfortunately).

*Biological aunt. Not family to me.

Holidays can be especially emotionally draining. Having stress-free get-togethers is so important to me nowadays. As a kid, it was fun to b%^&* about, but it's annoying to just complain about a person for hours after they leave as a close-to-30's adult.

Absolutely.  nothing is worse than being stuck at someone's house and counting the hours you want to leave...  

I won't go to my wife's aunt's home any more for holidays. It puts my wife in a tough position but no more. The last straw was the dog cleaning the plates and pushing a bowl of mashed potatoes around the room, leaving a trail of potato on the couches and chair bottoms. And the food was always poor but you have to deal with that when it is family. (I started bringing stuffing but can't exactly bring the gravy too...they baste with butter and the gravy is oil, butter, then gravy all sitting in levels in the cup. You get the top two layers and never the actual gravy.)

11 hours ago, Bird said:

I won't go to my wife's aunt's home any more for holidays. It puts my wife in a tough position but no more. The last straw was the dog cleaning the plates and pushing a bowl of mashed potatoes around the room, leaving a trail of potato on the couches and chair bottoms. And the food was always poor but you have to deal with that when it is family. (I started bringing stuffing but can't exactly bring the gravy too...they baste with butter and the gravy is oil, butter, then gravy all sitting in levels in the cup. You get the top two layers and never the actual gravy.)

I brought an amazing stuffing to a relatives house on year. It had chestnuts, walnuts, raisins, apricot, sausage, mushrooms... The whole 9 yards. The tray of stuffing may have cost $50 to make. They didn't know what to make of it and were eating the stovetop stuffing made straight from the box with nothing extra. I took my stuffing home.

I'm going to tag a few people who either participated last year, or have expressed an interest within this thread about joining the Gift Exchange:

@TwoPiece @godquest @SpideyFein

@Reno McCoy @The Resurrection @DocHoppus182 @mccollect @Ron C. @adampasz @AnkurJ @loboagain @00comics @AlexH @thehumantorch @ashsaytr@Iceman399 @Phicks @OdinsSecrets @Baltimore Lauren @Mayor006 @WEBHEAD @TheFifthHorseman @eeb03 @Unca Scrooge @MustEatBrains @Mike's Rack @frozentundraguy @Black Lantern @vsndesigns @KirbyJack @DeadOne @Jacey @Wall-Crawler @CAHokie @Comic Book Guy @GEEzusWalks @Cosmic Boy @Larryw7 @CAMPER49 @Mac Man @Cascaders27 @Ze-man

Also, I've relaxed the restrictions for signing up. Now, anyone who signed up to be a member of this community on or before August 1, 2018 with a current post count of at least 25 is eligible for participation in the Gift Exchange.

@Bkd Reader and @SBRobin ... the above applies to you if you are still interested.

For all those tagged, please refer to the opening post on page 1 of this thread for all the details.
And remember, the deadline for signup is THIS COMING FRIDAY NOVEMBER 23rd at 11pm (EST) .

Spread the word.

Edited by HollyJollyOne

12 hours ago, the blob said:

Is anybody wishing for 10 copies of Thor 339 this year?

I have some water damaged DC Archives! snow snow snow :frustrated:

C'mon people, the jolly one has tagged you with the holiday spirit!

Edited by Bird

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I have some water damaged DC Archives! snow snow snow :frustrated:

C'mon people, the jolly one has tagged you with the holiday spirit!

Please do not equate my minty Thor 339s with your waterlogged literature.

3 hours ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I'm going to tag a few people who either participated last year, or have expressed an interest within this thread about joining the Gift Exchange:

@TwoPiece @godquest @SpideyFein

@Reno McCoy @The Resurrection @DocHoppus182 @mccollect @Ron C. @adampasz @AnkurJ @loboagain @00comics @AlexH @thehumantorch @ashsaytr@Iceman399 @Phicks @OdinsSecrets @Baltimore Lauren @Mayor006 @WEBHEAD @TheFifthHorseman @eeb03 @Unca Scrooge @MustEatBrains @Mike's Rack @frozentundraguy @Black Lantern @vsndesigns @KirbyJack @DeadOne @Jacey @Wall-Crawler @CAHokie @Comic Book Guy @GEEzusWalks @Cosmic Boy @Larryw7 @CAMPER49 @Mac Man @Cascaders27

Also, I've relaxed the restrictions for signing up. Now, anyone who signed up to be a member of this community on or before August 1, 2018 with a current post count of at least 25 is eligible for participation in the Gift Exchange.

@Bkd Reader and @SBRobin ... the above applies to you if you are still interested.

For all those tagged, please refer to the opening post on page 1 of this thread for all the details.
And remember, the deadline for signup is THIS COMING FRIDAY NOVEMBER 23rd at 11pm (EST) .

Spread the word.

HollyJolly is the man, as always.