• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time

23 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2018 at 5:05 PM, Gonz0001 said:

Why does it take so long to get books graded summited in September and only verified still

Patience.

They'll go from Scheduled For Grading to Graded quickly.  

On 11/21/2018 at 4:05 PM, Gonz0001 said:

Why does it take so long to get books graded summited in September and only verified still

If you feel the need to come here and complain you should at least give all the facts. Did you submit them under your account or go through someone else ? If it was someone else, you need to complain to them. If you submitted, what tier did you use ? Right now the estimated timeframe for Value tier submitted books is 66 business days.

I'm new myself and have a quick question. Is it normal to just go from verified straight to graded? I see people mentioning scheduled for grading all the time, but mine went straight to graded under the status (still says n/a under the grades though). Modern tier btw, thanks!

Edited by Reece Markidis

1 hour ago, Reece Markidis said:

I'm new myself and have a quick question. Is it normal to just go from verified straight to graded? I see people mentioning scheduled for grading all the time, but mine went straight to graded under the status (still says n/a under the grades though). Modern tier btw, thanks!

You probably just missed it. Scheduled for Grading can happen the day before or day of grading, so it may appear for only a brief moment, sometimes in minutes. Abut the only time I remember seeing it was over a weekend.

32 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

You probably just missed it. Scheduled for Grading can happen the day before or day of grading, so it may appear for only a brief moment, sometimes in minutes. Abut the only time I remember seeing it was over a weekend.

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

On 11/21/2018 at 5:05 PM, Gonz0001 said:

Sep.... Oct... Nov.... i wish three months was a long time .... goes by pretty quick for me ,......the last three months seems like it has only been a couple weeks.......

10 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

5 million in 18 years is approximately one every two minutes. I don't think they can up their speed game much without hiring Barry Allen!

5 million collectibles. About 2 million comic books.

60 minutes per hour (x) 40 hours per week (x) 52 weeks (x) 18 years:

2,246,400 minutes, not including vacation time, and not including holidays off.

That means, on average, they're grading about 1 book per minute.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

5 million collectibles. About 2 million comic books.

60 minutes per hour (x) 40 hours per week (x) 52 weeks (x) 18 years:

2,246,400 minutes, not including vacation time, and not including holidays off.

That means, on average, they're grading about 1 book per minute.

Yes. Thanks for parsing further! I just scratched the surface (5 million items into 18 years). 

Going further as you did, you make the point even better -- at a book a minute, it's going to take the Flash for a speed upgrade.

1 minute ago, Butterscotch said:

I'd say it's 3 million comics.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/3985/26-million-comics-graded/

Here's their breakdown for the first million.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/904/

"1,000,000 books certified in 8 years averages out to 125,000 books per year, that’s over 10,400 books per month, over 2600 per week! This averages 520 books per day, that are each looked at by a minimum of 3 graders!"

You can tell that's old because it says 3 graders lol

Pretty sure that, this year, they crossed the 2-million book threshold.

3 minutes ago, Butterscotch said:

In 3 weeks it will be 19 years. It's like comics, if you have issues 20 - 25 you dont have 5 comics :)

But, we're measuring time. 2000 and 2001 are 2 different operating years, but the distance between those operating years is 1. CGC can't be 19 years old in 2018.

Edited by TwoPiece