• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em **GA edition**
5 5

102 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

When possibly my favorite GGA cover of all-time is available in this grade I gotta do it.  :smile:

I shouldn’t have sold anything in this auction and I should have bought all I could.  Soft like an ice cream cone in July.

634CD994-285B-49EA-B6C7-543B9BD6FFC9.jpeg

Great book!

For the auction as a whole, results were kind of mixed, don't you think?  I was only a buyer (didn't consign anything) on this one, but I thought prices on these books that I bid on (but didn't win) were pretty strong: Master 25, TAT 8, WDC&S nn (1943) -- went for 5 times guide -- Sgt Bilko's Pvt Doberman 1 (granted it was a bit of a unicorn as a 9.6), Nightmare 13 (or maybe this is the new norm for Baker St John horror), Blue Bolt 6/4 (although maybe this book has heated up).

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Great book!

For the auction as a whole, results were kind of mixed, don't you think?  I was only a buyer (didn't consign anything) on this one, but I thought prices on these books that I bid on (but didn't win) were pretty strong: Master 25, TAT 8, WDC&S nn (1943) -- went for 5 times guide -- Sgt Bilko's Pvt Doberman 1 (granted it was a bit of a unicorn as a 9.6), Nightmare 13 (or maybe this is the new norm for Baker St John horror), Blue Bolt 6/4 (although maybe this book has heated up).

All the ones that you mentioned did pretty well I agree. But I think I could mention 40 or 50 books that had exceptionally poor performance. 

All I would have to do is a screenshot of my consignments and I could show you at least 10 right there. Lol

2 hours ago, nearmint said:

I consigned 3 really nice books to the auction, and I have to say it was far and away my worst result ever.  Lost my shirt. 

Sorry to hear that Jeff. That Worlds Finest was spectacular. All the Worlds Finest seemed soft. 

7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Great book!

All the ones that you mentioned did pretty well I agree. But I think I could mention 40 or 50 books that had exceptionally poor performance. 

All I would have to do is a screenshot of my consignments and I could show you at least 10 right there. Lol

I wonder if people are saving their pennies for the CC auction that's coming up?  I've generally thought that CLink was smarter in ending their end-of-year auctions in late Nov/early Dec, while CC ends in mid-Dec.  But maybe this time, CC will yield better results. 

12 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I wonder if people are saving their pennies for the CC auction that's coming up?  I've generally thought that CLink was smarter in ending their end-of-year auctions in late Nov/early Dec, while CC ends in mid-Dec.  But maybe this time, CC will yield better results. 

I may have some insider info on this: I have books in both right now, thus they will both tank equally. 

2 minutes ago, Point Five said:
15 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I may have some insider info on this: I have books in both right now, thus they will both tank equally. 

Ah, ha!  We've found the culprit!

:gossip: You may want to cross the street if you see @nearmint or @Ricksneatstuff coming.

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Between this auction and the last HA Signature and Sunday I am at a 25k loss. :tonofbricks:

But I’ve bought more than that in the last week.  The best way to make up for low selling prices is to buy more at low prices too, I guess.  

Rick, did you just say you're going to make it up in volume?! :)

I did ok with my two consignments but one wasn’t a GA book so I’ll just link it...

Technically every GA book I bought over the last year was paid for by this so it’s kind of like I won all those books from CLink and this post belongs here right... 

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DTurtles%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1285065&id=1285065&itemType=0

"WDC&S nn (1943) -- went for 5 times guide "... well, I hope the new owner enjoys my book. I chose this auction to put it in basically because of the time of the year - with the Christmas cover.  I had 2 copies that I picked up together a few years and then had graded ...3 years ago(?) bringing the census up to 13 copies. The other was a 6 or 6.5 that I sold last summer I think - and it being 2nd highest graded didn't hurt, 'tis the season! 

I had 5 GA up in this auction;I was VERY happy with the WDCS, another book went within 15$ of where I expected it to sell, so solid there, 2 books were soft, and the last book went for 20% less than I hoped. Mixed bag.  I'm hoping January will be interesting, as I had sent another 20+ books in while the auction was starting, and they held back 15 more books I had sent in, apparently for next auction too.

On 11/30/2018 at 5:10 PM, Timeless icons said:

Sold a few big books at auction and did better than expected. They will be missed but I had to support another hobby with them. :insane::insane::insane:

I was looking for a nice looking copy and pulled the trigger on this one. 

marvel family 1 cgc 8.0.jpg

"Another hobby"?  Get a grip, man.  There is only ONE hobby! :taptaptap:

On 11/30/2018 at 11:32 PM, AnkurJ said:
On 11/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, Sqeggs said:

Although reserves can cut into bidders' interest.  

That’s fine but I’d rather not leave thousands on the table 

Depends on how anxious you are to sell, I guess.  If the book doesn't sell when you need it to because of a reserve, you've left all the money on the table. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Depends on how anxious you are to sell, I guess.  If the book doesn't sell when you need it to because of a reserve, you've left all the money on the table. 

Selling when your anxious to sell is the worst thing a collector can do. It makes you accept whatever offer you’ll get rather than what market value may be. Ideally we shouldn’t put ourselves in such positions but I understand it can happen.

21 hours ago, Georgie123 said:

I bought a sensation comics 100 for $800.  Highest grade at 6.5. Think I got a great deal but the scarcity doesn't give much of a history.  Any thoughts

Ha!  That was one of mine as well - and one of the ones I thought was soft (Sensation 99 the other).  I expected that to go for a good bit more. Maybe should have waited for the next movie to come out.