CGC Crossover Results are in!
7 7

129 posts in this topic

14,600 posts

Thanks for sharing. I’ve got two crossover invoices in myself. :wishluck:

10,851 posts
6 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I'm glad you got them squared away in holders that you enjoy! Nice to see some bumps in grade for market share too  :foryou:

It's worth saying that I had tried it once without the new program years back and DID have it pressed.... didn't work out as well for me lol

Did CGC at least tell you that a press might help some of the books? That might be a key aspect or at least good to know...for the future...

And if I sent some in, it might be nice to know where in this process (if) they mentioned it.... ?

1,197 posts
7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm glad you got them squared away in holders that you enjoy! Nice to see some bumps in grade for market share too  :foryou:

It's worth saying that I had tried it once without the new program years back and DID have it pressed.... didn't work out as well for me lol

Did CGC at least tell you that a press might help some of the books? That might be a key aspect or at least good to know...for the future...

And if I sent some in, it might be nice to know where in this process (if) they mentioned it.... ?

Yea I have heard the horror stories and was especially worried about the PG ones... I probably just got lucky but better to share I thought.

CGC did tell me on the stuff I sent in on the Standard tier not on the Modern. It was via email after it was verified

10,851 posts
4 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Yea I have heard the horror stories and was especially worried about the PG ones... I probably just got lucky but better to share I thought.

CGC did tell me on the stuff I sent in on the Standard tier not on the Modern. It was via email after it was verified

Well that's awfully thoughtful I guess, good for you sticking to your guns though to see the results. Hopefully you don't think too much what if or regret, I'd be awfully tempted I must admit... lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Lol in wrong place

1,197 posts
6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well that's awfully thoughtful I guess, good for you sticking to your guns though to see the results. Hopefully you don't think too much what if or regret, I'd be awfully tempted I must admit... lol

After seeing the notes on the Silver age stuff I do not think either could have gone up from a press. I do not have the notes yet on the modern.. it will be a day or 2 before I can see them. We shall see if I should have pressed lol

1,197 posts
1 minute ago, joeypost said:

I am sending in a bunch of books next week. Will post the results. 

Awesome- BTW I wanted to thank you - I have gotten about half the stuff you worked on for me back and could not be happier with the results. Thank you!

1,197 posts
Just now, JollyComics said:

C-BCS's mass extinction comes soon.

If CGC could come up with something for outside signatures I do not think they would have a chance

10,851 posts
13 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:
15 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I am sending in a bunch of books next week. Will post the results. 

Awesome- BTW I wanted to thank you - I have gotten about half the stuff you worked on for me back and could not be happier with the results. Thank you!

I am posting one that is coming back from Joeypost and CGC when it gets here tomorrow :whee:

1,197 posts
23 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I avoid all signed books via PGX and C-BCS.

I have stuff signed long ago - that I got that I would love to have slabbed.. and so far have resisted and a few green labels... but I would like another option

1,982 posts

I got one book back so far. Justice League 1 CBCS 6.0 came back as a CGC 5.5 so lost in this case. I didn't have it pressed as they didn't recommend it and doubt it would have improved the grade. I'm more concerned about the PGX books, knowing their history with missing resto, brittle pages, etc.

150 posts

Well done!

One of my crossover books has already made its way home. Marvel Tales #106 initially P-GX 9.8 came home CGC 9.8! Very happy. The ASM #129 it went in with is still in progress. I can't wait to see what it comes back with. Gotta say, this crossover service is pretty awesome.