• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

On the other hand, since it's been sitting in this same CGC 1.5 holder during all of these sales iterations listed here, maybe it's a sign of a decreasing valuation or at least a plateauing in the once red hot pre-Robin 'Tec market?  hm  (shrug)

I have a hard time believing that. I think it’s an ugly book and people are pickier. Look at the beautiful Tec 29 5.0 over in heritage 

it’s hard to go back to the plow after seeing the lights of Paree

50 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
58 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

On the other hand, since it's been sitting in this same CGC 1.5 holder during all of these sales iterations listed here, maybe it's a sign of a decreasing valuation or at least a plateauing in the once red hot pre-Robin 'Tec market?  hm  (shrug)

I have a hard time believing that. I think it’s an ugly book and people are pickier.

+1

that book needs to be restored, it's an eyesore

but if preRobins are in fact cooling, that is good news for those who collect :banana:

Edited by Gotham Kid

49 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, sincerely hope you are doing alright with your consignments by the time it's all said and done.  :wishluck:

Yes, with the CC auction format, there have definitely been a lot of action in their extended bidding sessions since some bidders tend to wait until the end to put in their bids.  This was definitely the case in past auctions, but from what I am seeing on this go round here, there doesn't appear to be anywhere close to the same level of activity on the lots that I was watching.  All I can say is that it's probably not the best idea from a scheduling point of view to have your auction running at the exat same time that CL has their Featured Auction going.  Especially when your offerings on this go round here seems to pale a bit in comparison to what the competition is offering.  doh!

Almost makes me wonder if CL is doing this on purpose by scheduling it this way in an attempt to try to take out their competition and eating their lunch at the same time.  hm  (shrug)

I was wondering the same thing? but it doesn't matter, there is no perfect plan in selling a few comics.

I'm not doing as badly as I thought.  They are not high, some prices are lower than expected, but they forgot to list 2 books. I had figured out my semi hopeful ending on the basis of 21 books, they only listed 19. I see 2 are in "unsold". Hopefully they will explain that one of these days. No answer so far.

14 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Won the book I was attacking tonight went a bit higher than expected in fact got bid up exactly to my max can’t say that’s a first haha I would hold off until extended bidding if I could to put in my max but can’t always be there for live and this was one of those times and I thought my max would take it easily but someone else wanted it too apparently. Either way i’m stoked and now a Proud owner of a Berk Our Flag book which I couldn’t be happier with. I now have all 3 issues where our Red, White, and Blue hero appears on the cover of this short run!! Prices seem pretty healthy from the stuff i watch. 

12994460-0882-412F-9655-DA28163B5FFB.jpeg

Congrats Gino. Jon Berk books :x

36 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Anyone ever do a bid retraction? I was trying to enter a $201.00 bid for a book and hit $20,100.00...:ohnoez:

Yikes hope you can find a way out of that. 

Edited by szav

31 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Anyone ever do a bid retraction? I was trying to enter a $201.00 bid for a book and hit $20,100.00...:ohnoez:

Same thing happened to me, but for a lot more. You will have to beg for forgiveness if it's Ha. but CC actually called and said they thought I made a mistake, knowing my bidding patterns. It still took a while to clear up.

Comicconnect gets confusing because they don’t use decimals in their bids which I’m use to entering. That and using a cell phone didn’t help. I’ve been doing business with Metro and them for over 20 years. Can’t imagine them thinking such a large bid on a small book is anything but a mistake.

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you don't get a response back from them by noon your time tomorrow or even sooner before they all go home, I would most definitely give them a phone call.  :gossip:

Yeah, I planned on that. I’m sure the book would never get remotely that high but I’m already at/above the gpa for it at $201.00. Small book, big mistake. If I win it for a normal amount I’ll have a story behind it now. Lol.