• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As a kid at Christmas, What toy did you want so bad it kept you up at night? (and did you get it?)
4 4

192 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Thats a start but they need to get to the kids heart and soul-his CELL PHONE.
I'm sure after snivelling a bit that kid got on his cell phone and started texting and playin games.

Fully agree. When I was a lad, if I wanted to talk to my pals I would put my shoes on, go outside and walk to their house. That concept is foreign to most kids these days.

1 minute ago, Dan82 said:

Fully agree. When I was a lad, if I wanted to talk to my pals I would put my shoes on, go outside and walk to their house. That concept is foreign to most kids these days.

It boggles my mind that no parents exist that realize taking a cell phone to school a bad idea.  Yes lets give them the largest distraction possible so they can do really well academically.
"Oh but my kid has straight A's!!"
Yes thats because her and her friends are all texting each other the answers and looking stuff up on the internet you dolt.  Then at lunch they instigate a fight so they can film it and put it up on world star.

You dolts.

I've seen a lot of these straight A students.  You seem em before school all clustered in a group copying the answers off one person's paper.  

12 minutes ago, kav said:

I've seen a lot of these straight A students.  You seem em before school all clustered in a group copying the answers off one person's paper.  

Haha! Back in the day we had to write all the answers on both arms.:eyeroll:

Just now, oakman29 said:

Haha! Back in the day we had to write all the answers on both arms.:eyeroll:

hahahahaha!

uhhhhhhh....

MEGO 1975 STAR TREK USS Enterprise Bridge Playset IN ORIGINAL BOX PLUS 5 FIGURES

one year I wanted this and the figures, nothing else

santa came thru :luhv:

wish I still had them :cry:

Edited by Azkaban

1 minute ago, GAFLASH said:

Yes I got it and wish I still had it :bigsmile:

CreepyCrawlers2.jpg

creap.jpg

hours spent with these babies glow in dark goop the best

3 minutes ago, Philreal said:

Yeah, I remember a friend having this for one Christmas. We thought it was pretty cool but I didn't get one. My mom said I would make a mess with it. Oh well....

Image result for make bugs toy 1960

If only mom realized the goop is considered precious by kids and very carefully doled out onto the slab things.

1 minute ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Dang guys! this was 20 years ago. I know lots of you guys are older than me though. I’m 29. Is this more of an old guys thread? 😆

Forum.  Old guys forum.