• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So is CGC handing out 7.5s to books with subscription creases now??

53 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Check this out, the buyer of the 4.5 (7.5) was not happy.

He got a 7.5 at a bargain, now he wants a box or something?

Seriously though, the real 7.5 had more creasing along the top edge than I would have expected. Which is why I shouldn't buy anything based on CGC grade alone or what my phone or tablet shows. :bigsmile:

4 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Seriously though, the real 7.5 had more creasing along the top edge than I would have expected. Which is why I shouldn't buy anything based on CGC grade alone or what my phone or tablet shows. :bigsmile:

Some things you care about may not be the same things CGC cares about and vice versa.  Don't get me started on date stamps again!

there are enough flaws in this book to warrant the 4.5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-15-CGC-4-5-O-W-1st-Kraven-Appearance-Vol-1-1964-Marvel-/232954405348?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

not saying they were switched but unless someone wants to pony up notes for each book then all of it is poop

I recalled the bold statement in a while ago.

BUY (LOOK AT) THE BOOK NOT THE LABEL.

It's easy to pass that 7.5 book with a terrible subscription crease and I would take that 4.5 book with a better look!

The buyer is a poor sucker.

Edited by JollyComics

2 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

You're right, the real 7.5 looked loosely graded also. You have to wonder if these were graded onsite or when most of the staff was on the road. It could explain a lot. (shrug)

Edit: Graded 9/17/2018, was that Baltimore ?

Edited by Bomber-Bob

23 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

You have to wonder if these were graded onsite or when most of the staff was on the road. It could explain a lot. (shrug)

Edit: Graded 9/17/2018, was that Baltimore ?

Baltimore was 9/28 - 9/30.  Maybe the damage occured in the slab after grading?

5 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

there are enough flaws in this book to warrant the 4.5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-15-CGC-4-5-O-W-1st-Kraven-Appearance-Vol-1-1964-Marvel-/232954405348?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

not saying they were switched but unless someone wants to pony up notes for each book then all of it is poop

I'm going to buy the notes just because theres no way thats a 4.5.  The defects on the book for the link above are consistent with a 7.5.  Especially with a book that is traditionally looked at as loosely graded due to the dark purple cover.  The biggest defect being the push at the top.