• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now that we're in the new year...
1 1

30 posts in this topic

What are you all looking forward to in 2019's comic related repertoire? 

I'm pretty excited to see the Darkness from Top Cow come back little less excited that Jackie Estacado and Sara Pezzini won't be main characters

Also the new Captain Marvel movie looks pretty good, can't wait to take a gander at it! Plus Spawn will be hitting the big 300, which means it'll be rivaling Cerberus (?) as the longest running independent comic once it surpasses 301!

Edited by Skylath

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I hate to hear the answer to this, but is this the "last season"? or is it for sure yet?

Most likely will get canceled by Netflix... but possibly picked up elsewhere.  🤞

To good to just disappear.  

Edited by nepatkm

3 hours ago, Skylath said:

What are you all looking forward to in 2019's comic related repertoire? 

I'm pretty excited to see the Darkness from Top Cow come back little less excited that Jackie Estacado and Sara Pezzini won't be main characters

Also the new Captain Marvel movie looks pretty good, can't wait to take a gander at it! Plus Spawn will be hitting the big 300, which means it'll be rivaling Cerberus (?) as the longest running independent comic once it surpasses 301!

Not counting 2000AD?

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I will be happy to finish my Warren Eerie run this year. :wishluck:

Would this happen to include the supposedly rare first printing of the first issue along with the also HTF second printing of the first issue?  hm

If so, most definitely very well done then.  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Would this happen to include the supposedly rare first printing of the first issue along with the also HTF second printing of the first issue?  hm

Absolutely.

Already have the second print ashcan. (plug) please see my journal.:whistle:

35 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
38 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Absolutely.

Already have the second print ashcan. (plug) please see my journal.:whistle:

Very well done!!!  :applause:

Any idea what the going rate is for a first print HG copy of the first Eerie issue?  More than top of Overstreet guide, I would assume?

Is their a particular reason why I can't find the CGC census population report for this first issue as it seems to be there for every other Eerie issue?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

8 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Very well done!!!  :applause:

Any idea what the going rate is for a first print HG copy of the first Eerie issue?

Is their a particular reason why I can't find the CGC census population report for this first issue as it seems to be there for every other Eerie issue?  hm

They can't be slabbed. As far as price on a first print I'm hoping to find a nice grade in the 2K range. 

28 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
31 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

They can't be slabbed.

Any idea exactly what is CGC's reasoning as to why they can't be slabbed?  hm

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me since they seem to be able to slab other irregular size books and/or books which are known to have more than just the one print.  ???

21 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Most likely will get canceled by Netflix... but possibly picked up elsewhere.  🤞

To good to just disappear.  

bassd on Disney's streaming plans it will DEFINATELY end with this season.

I'll be curious to see how they launch their streaming and if they do their kids and family friendly stuff (Disney/Pixar/MCU) first to establish their "brand", and then add the more not-for-kids stuff later, but I would assume that means a relaunch of the "darker" marvel stuff with nee casts...

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea exactly what is CGC's reasoning as to why they can't be slabbed?  hm

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me since they seem to be able to slab other irregular size books and/or books which are known to have more than just the one print.  ???

It is easy to copy it , so hard to differentiate between the real copies.

I can tell the difference though. I have studied all the subtleties of the book.

38 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

bassd on Disney's streaming plans it will DEFINATELY end with this season.

I'll be curious to see how they launch their streaming and if they do their kids and family friendly stuff (Disney/Pixar/MCU) first to establish their "brand", and then add the more not-for-kids stuff later, but I would assume that means a relaunch of the "darker" marvel stuff with nee casts...

Sounds like how the downfall of KISS began.