• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago comic shop to be given away

184 posts in this topic

Per email update...

Last month, you might have heard I gave Chimera's Comics Oak Law away in the essay contest, as promised. I chose Chris Cavanaugh to take over. As Chris saw how much was involved in running a small business, he told me he needed partners. That wisdom is how I knew I'd chose well.

So Chris and I talked - and we invited Brian Stuchell to join the team and take the lead of Chris's team. 

Brian is a beloved former business owner in Oak Lawn who has overcome a tremendous battle with cancer. But one casualty of the war with his disease was his store, Greenfire Games. Chris and I saw we had a chance to set things right, and give the customers of Chimera's Comics Oak Lawn the leadership and love it deserves.

On Monday, July 1, I handed the keys over to Brian and Chris. I no longer own Chimera's Comics Oak Lawn.”

Sounds like he picked the winner based on who he knew would run it good, not on the essay.  Usually these type contests they print the winning essay.  I dont see nuthin.

23 hours ago, kav said:

Sounds like he picked the winner based on who he knew would run it good, not on the essay.  Usually these type contests they print the winning essay.  I dont see nuthin.

Don't worry... it's coming.  (And only $14.99!)

https://www.chimerascomics.com/product/the-great-comic-shop-giveaway/

1 minute ago, inapicklecomics said:

His wallet keeps thickening!

FTFY

I remember as a young kid, someone advertising for a universal clothes hanger.  It could accommodate shirts, pants, dresses, sweaters, coats, anything.  Price was reasonable, like $5.  You got a 16 penny nail.

Edited by batman_fan

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I remember as a young kid, someone advertising for a universal clothes hanger.  It could accommodate shirts, pants, dresses, sweaters, coats, anything.  Price was reasonable, like $5.  You got a 16 penny nail.

In one of jerzy kozinski's books which seem to be quite autobiographical-for instance he was the character that missed his flight and didnt get killed by the Mansons at jay sebring's house-one of the characters made a fortune putting ads all around the country: "Three original ticklers-$1"  It was 3 feathers.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

In one of jerzy kozinski's books which seem to be quite autobiographical-for instance he was the character that missed his flight and didnt get killed by the Mansons at jay sebring's house-one of the characters made a fortune putting ads all around the country: "Three original ticklers-$1"  It was 3 feathers.

sales contest: the sales person who sells the most will win a new Toyota!

The winner got a new toy Yoda.

Just now, Artboy99 said:

sales contest: the sales person who sells the most will win a new Toyota!

The winner got a new toy Yoda.

yep and she won the lawsuit and was able to buy a deluxe toyota 

In other news, Hooters waitress was promised a hundred grand for winning a sales contest and received this

300px-100-Grand-Wrapper-Small.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:07 PM, masterlogan2000 said:

Don't worry... it's coming.  (And only $14.99!)

https://www.chimerascomics.com/product/the-great-comic-shop-giveaway/

"The inspiring true story of the contest that broke the Internet and unlocked a world of possibilities."

Why does every ignorant jackwagon that writes online these days feel the need to used the phrase "breaking the internet"?

The only thing it makes me want to do is break my foot off in their ignorant *spoon*.