Share The Mignola Art From Your Personal Collection
2 2

121 posts in this topic

836 posts
On 2/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, Jay Olie Espy said:

I didn’t know Mike was there until I saw his photo on Anthony Snyder’s email newsletter. How was one to know he was selling art? Did he set up at a booth? Did one have to approach him?

one was not really to know that he was selling. he brought a small portfolio of sketches. no pages or covers or anything significant, just some cool sketches. he told me that he just thought he'd bring them in case anyone was interested in something. i think (A) he wasn't sure how this show would be, given that it was new, and (B) he was saving the good stuff for SDCC, where he apparently sold everything he brought. he really just wanted to check out this show and shmooze a bit, i don't think he came to sell art. 

836 posts
13 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

And my second one.  Something about this image just gets the endorphins fired up.

hellboy wake the devil.jpg

both are amazing pieces! it's so neat to see the evolution of his style. 

617 posts
17 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

one was not really to know that he was selling. he brought a small portfolio of sketches. no pages or covers or anything significant, just some cool sketches. he told me that he just thought he'd bring them in case anyone was interested in something. i think (A) he wasn't sure how this show would be, given that it was new, and (B) he was saving the good stuff for SDCC, where he apparently sold everything he brought. he really just wanted to check out this show and shmooze a bit, i don't think he came to sell art. 

Cool. Thank you for the insight. Obviously he wasn’t announced but it’s nice to hear that Mike was open to sell to anyone who approached him. It looks like he’s going to appear at the LA Art Con show soon (not to be confused with the L.A. Ultimate show).

836 posts
8 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Cool. Thank you for the insight. Obviously he wasn’t announced but it’s nice to hear that Mike was open to sell to anyone who approached him. It looks like he’s going to appear at the LA Art Con show soon (not to be confused with the L.A. Ultimate show).

i heard whats his name bechera talking about what i think is this show you mention. where i can i find more info about it? 

11,754 posts
2 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i heard whats his name bechera talking about what i think is this show you mention. where i can i find more info about it? 

LA comic art show...they list Mignola as a guest on their site but it is not on the list of his appearances on his own site.

175 posts

This has been such a treasure trove of excellence, thanks to all who shared! I'll be looking forward to anything more that gets posted :)

Edited by ZimmermanTelegram

175 posts

If possible, could someone post what would be considered some more high end type of pieces/sketches that Mignola would normally sell at a con?

175 posts
Just now, Brian Peck said:

My one Mignola.

Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment by Mike Mignola (Penciller) and Mark Badger (Inker)

LO9aIgeY_0909140510441.jpg

If you're only going to have one Mignola page that is a damn fine one to have!

11,754 posts

That is one of the better pages in the book.

If people want to sell any of these awesome images feel free to shoot me a PM!