• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 - get it now?
3 3

284 posts in this topic

This has got to be one of the major Marvel keys to have, Silver or Bronze - the introduction of the new X-Men. The Deadpool movie introduced a Colossus worthy of the movies, and I think that Disney will soon be exploring the new X-Men on the big screen after final negotiations are over with Fox. I feel that once Disney/Iger/Feige hints that an X-Men movie is in the works, we'll see this issue go red-hot like Hulk #181 has (last summer, when that issue was selling for $1,500, I thought I'd wait for it to cool down; now it's at $2,000). I happened to buy a GS X-Men #1 about a year ago for $550, and a copy of the same grade on eBay today will cost me $900. IMHO, I don't think a year from now that it'll be available for under $1200 in anything above a 4.0. Does anyone think my outlook isn't accurate?

But it is funny because I had checked the sold listings before you posted....

Saw that a 4.5 today sold for $50 less than my 7.0 last year...

:whatthe:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But it is funny because I had checked the sold listings before you posted....

Saw that a 4.5 today sold for $50 less than my 7.0 last year...

:whatthe:

My point though is that I agree with you :foryou:

However long it will last, that I don't know... but it looks promising!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

There is a lot of speculation going on with this book since Marvel obtained the film rights. The same is true for FF48. I would expect both books  to hold  interest until an official word comes from Marvel Entertainment. The popularity of the titles will then rest on the shoulders of the film industry and the hopes that a Silver Surfer Movie or a Wolverine vs. Hulk movie (just examples) are successful at the box office. I personally don't see these books dropping in value unless the quality of Marvel films takes a page out of the Disney playbook. ( Star Wars).

Yeah, I guess there are always exceptions out there. I'm not really an X-Men fan, but I do like to grab keys that I think are about to do really well. I've had my eyes on this one for a while now, and it's been doing nothing but going up in the two years that I've been watching it. I need to grab it now before the Disney deal is finalized. I think that the big winners off that will be this book and FF #48. I would have gone after that one first, but I already own it (albeit a restored copy :cry: ), and I needed to replace the GS X-Men #1 that I had to sell last year while it was still affordable for me.

What do you get when you mix a solid key book with a ton of speculation?

Crazy value.

When Disney releases their first X-Men movie, you're going to wish you bought every key X book right now. Seriously. These numbers are small compared to what they WILL look like.

Edited by Darkowl

51 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

Crazy value.

When Disney releases their first X-Men movie, you're going to wish you bought every key X book right now. Seriously. These numbers are small compared to what they WILL look like.

I agree completely. This is the tip of the iceberg. Avengers craze lasted 10+ years. X-men hasn't even started yet.

I'll add that I think X-men will be predominately a streaming service IP though. This will likely become the future of the MCU in my opinion. There's more money in streaming and distributing your own movies than there is in the crazy amount of advertising that goes into blockbuster movies.

Edited by MadJimJaspers

On 3/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, MadJimJaspers said:
On 3/1/2019 at 11:41 PM, Darkowl said:

Crazy value.

I agree completely. This is the tip of the iceberg. Avengers craze lasted 10+ years. X-men hasn't even started yet.

I'll add that I think X-men will be predominately a streaming service IP though. This will likely become the future of the MCU in my opinion. There's more money in streaming and distributing your own movies than there is in the crazy amount of advertising that goes into blockbuster movies.

Yeah seems there's a decent possibility of substantial increase of early bronze X-MEN if they can pull off a good X-Men flick or streaming property. I agree about the streaming service for MCU. GSXM 9.8s has reached it's Mid 2000's highs on GPA when Fox was putting out their X-MEN stuff even before any hint from Disney. I think the other grades have been almost straight line up.

OTOH everyone's assuming MCU will do something with the "new" X-MEN as opposed to the originals. You would think they would but who knows what rattles around inside the heads of the powers that be in the MCU??? No one is above making bone headed decisions! IMO if they choose to feature the original group at the expense of the new guys would be profoundly bone headed! 

Whatever they do may be years away though. I don't think they have anything major planned besides Avengers in 2019 unless you consider Captain Marvel major. I'll just be happy so long as it's a non butchered comic accurate depiction of the new X-MEN. Most importantly please DO NOT butcher wolverine!!!

Edited by MGsimba77