• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS problems
1 1

48 posts in this topic

It may just be a streak of bad luck but I have several packages that are very late, over the past two weeks. A mix of Priority/First class/media.

Some just say, "Arriving Late" but I also have three that say "Alert:Other Delay"

I called customer service and was told there was a mercury spill or scare at the PA regional distribution location that has caused many delays and shutdowns.

Anyone else seeing slower than normal deliveries?

1 hour ago, greggy said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I have no problems. 

I attribute it to Karma. :banana:

Yeah, they are saving the real punishment for your trip to Hell. 

USPS operates Hell?  hm

It does make sense in a way...., banana033.gif

1 minute ago, blazingbob said:

Package I sent to myself from San Francisco arrived 1 day late.

Was it good California stuff?

11 hours ago, I like pie said:

It may just be a streak of bad luck but I have several packages that are very late, over the past two weeks. A mix of Priority/First class/media.

Some just say, "Arriving Late" but I also have three that say "Alert:Other Delay"

I called customer service and was told there was a mercury spill or scare at the PA regional distribution location that has caused many delays and shutdowns.

Anyone else seeing slower than normal deliveries?

I have a few that have been delayed going east, thanks for the info

I bought a book off of Abe a couple of weeks ago. Requested the seller ship via Priority Mail instead of Media Mail. 

Book was coming from Florida to California, estimated delivery time 3-4 days. On day 3 - a Friday - the status turns to Delayed. 

Assumend there wouldn’t be much movement over the weekend. Took another 4 days the following week before it showed up. 

At first I thought maybe the delay was a result of the seller forgetting my request and shipping MM anyways but when it arrived it was in fact shipped Priority. 

There was a spat of bad weather in the east/mid-west at the time so I just chalked it up to that. 

Sounds like it may be an ongoing issue. 

Yep and that makes sense because I noticed it's all stuff coming from the east coast that's had delay problems for me lately, In the last week I have had three packages come from california and they got to me in record time, but two packages I have coming from new york haven't had a tracking update since March 28th and just say they are in transit and delayed.

I had that caliber presents #1... come to me this week via media mail from Orlando Florida, shipped last Saturday estimated to arrive tomorrow Friday, but came yesterday Wednesday.....today being Thursday...

I'm in Dallas though....

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had that caliber presents #1... come to me this week via media mail from Orlando Florida, shipped last Saturday estimated to arrive tomorrow Friday, but came yesterday Wednesday.....today being Thursday...

I'm in Dallas though....

I don’t consider Florida east coast 

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
51 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm in Dallas though....

I don’t consider Florida east coast 

Mine came sooner than expected, especially for the seller sending it via media mail, but I'm interested in the posts that say there may be delays...

Have comics sent last week through the LCS and don't know if the hold UPS are perhaps farther North....since I can't track my books

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
since I can't track my books

There was a mercury spill at one USPS' distribution centers which has caused a lot of delays.  Story is here.

-------------------

USPS Possible Exception/Delivery Delays for Eastern Region

Posted on March 28, 2019

Due to a recent mercury spill at the Pittsburgh Network Distribution Center (NDC) in Warrendale, PA there may be possible delays with packages traveling in the eastern region. 

Out of an abundance of caution, the Postal Service has temporarily suspended operations at its Network Distribution Center (NDC) in Warrendale, PA due to a chemical spill identified as mercury.  Professional environmental contractors are conducting tests to evaluate, clean and certify the safety of the plant.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay of an item you were expecting.  The safety and security of our employees, customers and the mail stream is a top priority for the Postal Service and we will provide updates when we have additional information.  

USPS update for inquiries regarding the mercury spill at the Pittsburgh NDC in Warrendale, PA 

Due to this concern, other processing facilities within the eastern area are processing packages which would normally go to Warrendale, PA which may cause possible delays. 

For packages that are impacted by this you may see a tracking event similar to this: 

image-5.png

Most of the packages in this area are moving along and getting delivered but please be advised of this exception and advise your customers accordingly. 

We will be sure to post any updates we receive from USPS.