• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did that get in there? What's in the case?
3 3

181 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I realize that the hair looked like it was against the book to you, but the facts you keep stating about the newton rings (and the picture) seems to indicates that it wasn't.  You state that the newton rings were where the inner and outer walls meet.....but that there appeared to be a pocket of air between the inner liner and the outer case where the hair was.  This would be the exact scenario that would occur if the hair was between the inner and outer holders and not against the book itself.  The hair would separate the inner holder a bit from the outer holder and create a pocket of air there where no newton rings would be able to form. If the hair was against the book, it would push the inner holder up and make it more likely to contact the outer holder along where it was located, which would cause newton rings in that spot, not eliminate them. 

I would agree that it is what should be the case with the Newton Rings and it very well may have been. I can only state what I observed.  To me the hair appeared to be against the book and that the air was between the inner and outer case. I know that is not the way that these Rings should appear or that air should just get trapped between the two layers with out something separating  them,  but in this case it was the way it presented. It really looked as though the inner sheet had been warped or was misaligned creating these areas of Newton Rings. I will definitely concede that I could be wrong,  but it was also the first time I had a hair that size and that bad of a case of Newton Rings appear. 

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I would agree that it is what should be the case with the Newton Rings and it very well may have been. I can only state what I observed.  To me the hair appeared to be against the book and that the air was between the inner and outer case. I know that is not the way that these Rings should appear or that air should just get trapped between the two layers with out something separating  them,  but in this case it was the way it presented. It really looked as though the inner sheet had been warped or was misaligned creating these areas of Newton Rings. I will definitely concede that I could be wrong,  but it was also the first time I had a hair that size and that bad of a case of Newton Rings appear. 

Only one way to be sure.  You guys are going to have to send the book to CGC again and have them put the hair back in.  

58 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I realize that the hair looked like it was against the book to you, but the facts you keep stating about the newton rings (and the picture) seems to indicates that it wasn't.  You state that the newton rings were where the inner and outer walls meet.....but that there appeared to be a pocket of air between the inner liner and the outer case where the hair was.  This would be the exact scenario that would occur if the hair was between the inner and outer holders and not against the book itself.  The hair would separate the inner holder a bit from the outer holder and create a pocket of air there where no newton rings would be able to form. If the hair was against the book, it would push the inner holder up and make it more likely to contact the outer holder along where it was located, which would cause newton rings in that spot, not eliminate them. 

I’ve circled the parts that make me believe that the hair was against the book. If it was between the inner and outer wells then it would not have had the difference in color in those areas... it would have been lifted clearly along the length if the hair and this line dissecting the hair would not have been possible. Seeing that The only two people that have actually touched the book agree it was against the book and not between the inner and outer wells we’ll just go with that. 

5D3E641A-BC45-464C-B4F5-55D629DCBA74.jpeg

1 hour ago, Iconic1s said:

I’ve circled the parts that make me believe that the hair was against the book. If it was between the inner and outer wells then it would not have had the difference in color in those areas.  it would have been lifted clearly along the length if the hair and this line dissecting the hair would not have been possible.

I blew that picture up and took a long hard look at your circled areas.  I see no line dissecting the hair, and in fact, I see absolutely nothing in those two circles that would indicate in any way that the hair is resting against the book.  What I do see, is a very specific air space between the outer holder and the inner holder that completely lacks newton rings and, strangely enough, follows the line of the hair exactly.  .  

Seeing that The only two people that have actually touched the book agree it was against the book and not between the inner and outer wells we’ll just go with that. 

Actually, you touched a thick plastic case, that was surrounding a thinner plastic case, that was surrounding the actual book.  And since one of the two people you are talking about has already conceded that he could be wrong (as can I), then the obvious conclusion is that nobody really knows, so we'll just go with that.

18 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

conceded that he could be wrong (as can I)

You guys may be conceding but I'm definitely NOT... it was 100% for sure against the book!  Absolutely zero doubt about it!  No way it was anywhere else except up against that book.  As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow that thing was all up against that book!  The book is on it's way to HR right now to complain about how close that hair got up on it.  Only three things are certain in this world 1) Death, 2) Taxes, and 3) That hair was touching that book! :headbang:

10 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

I took this picture before I sent it to CGC.  I think it pretty much shows the hair not interfering with the Newton Rings so I'm pretty sure it was against the book.

33 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

You guys may be conceding but I'm definitely NOT... it was 100% for sure against the book!  Absolutely zero doubt about it!  No way it was anywhere else except up against that book.  As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow that thing was all up against that book!  The book is on it's way to HR right now to complain about how close that hair got up on it.  Only three things are certain in this world 1) Death, 2) Taxes, and 3) That hair was touching that book! :headbang:

Once again, I must go to the evidence.

The evidence indicates that you are lying.  It also indicates that you're a little insecure......but mostly lying.:baiting:

P.S. It also indicates the hair was not against the book. 

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Once again, I must go to the evidence.

The evidence indicates that you are lying.  It also indicates that you're a little insecure......but mostly lying.:baiting:

P.S. It also indicates the hair wasn't against the book. 

That's it!!  I've had enough of this senseless banter!  I'm sending the book back and having the hair put back in!  Against the book of course!

7 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

That's it!!  I've had enough of this senseless banter!  I'm sending the book back and having the hair put back in!  Against the book of course!

Well then I guess your doing it by the book!

2 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Do it and post a scan!  That way we can see what one looks like that actually does have the hair against the book. :insane:

And speaking of senseless banter......I pm'd RockMyAmadeus hours ago and told him I was trying to see how long I can keep a debate about a hair going.

Turns out it was about 11 hours (so far). lol

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Do it and post a scan!  That way we can see what one looks like that actually does have the hair against the book. :insane:

And speaking of senseless banter......I pm'd RockMyAmadeus hours ago and told him I was trying to see how long I can keep a debate about a hair going.not-sure-if-there-is-a-hair-on-my-screen-35682066.png.26e7e5cc42bed85e5bc7e05d03ca6b45.png

Turns out it was about 11 hours (so far). lolhair-book-for-men-rogelio-hairstyles-care-grooming.jpg.f4dde3309481fc4d5a0cdf9410ebee7e.jpg

Shouldn't someone be paging Buzzetta or Kav? 

Reading the back and fourth about the hair touching the book or not, I feel like there is a magic bullit theory joke somewhere.

Maybe we’ll soon find grainy Super 8 footage from when the book was first encapsulated. Then we can search frame by frame to trace the trajectory of the hair! 

8 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Turns out it was about 11 hours (so far). lol

THIS is why parents these days should take more of an active role in limiting their children’s screen time. Shouldn’t you have spent at least some of that time outside riding your bike or something?