Modern Keys...a list?
2 2

199 posts in this topic

411 posts

Hey I;m not exactly sure how to ask this so I'm just gonna try my best....

 

over the last 2 Months, I've been going through My comics I bought weekly from 2007 to 2012.

my collection is 95% Silver Age and Bronze...

Until 2 momths ago the thought never occurred to me to go through My Modern comics I bought during that time to see if any had become popular or valuable.

 

but 2 months ago I saw on facebook and post where someone was selling Ultimate Fallout #4 for $100....I was kinda stunned, as I couldnt believe a new book was going that high...once I clicked on it, I relearned that it was the 1st Miles Morales....I remember Buying this and reading it the week it came out(I loved The Ultimate Line...I bought all the Ultimate comics)...

obviously This made me immediately go in and Find my Ultimate Fall Out set and Pull it and had it to my keys....

but this also made me for the first time start thinking maybe I had other comics from this time that are now KEYS...

I've found about 70 comics from this time that are now KEYS.

Examples being...

The Old Man Logan run

18 comics from Amazing Spider-Man from 601 to 673 including the Anti-Venom run.

The Black Panther Run where Shuri becomes BP

and Other Keys like.

Avengers 9,10,11 and 12(Stark Wielding IG)

Invincible Iron Man #10,11 and 12(1st rescue)

Cable #21(1st Hope Summers)

X-Men 450 and 451(Early X-23)

X-23 1 to 15(2010 run)

New Avengers #11 and 27

Hulk #1,14,15 and 16(1st Red Hulk and Red She Hulk)

Civil War 1-7

Blackest Night #7(1st White Lantern)

Fear Itself #7(Cap Wields Hammer)

 

Basically what I'm asking is, do any of you know a list that has all the Modern comics that have Now Become Keys...

Nearly all the books that have become Keys during this time are due to recent MCU and other comic book movies...

I was just hoping maybe there was a definitive list or if not maybe this could be a thread where People could just post/add Modern comics that have become KEYS...

If anyone knows a list...or if anyone can think of any other Modern Keys from 2007 to 2012 that arent Mentioned, I would really appreciate you posting them...

 

PS...Walking Dead Keys are Not needed, I unfortunately did not collect that series....

 

thanks so much

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,628 posts

How are Avengers Vol. 4 "keys"..? Just because Iron Man wields the Infinity Stones..? Movies do not determine "key" comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236 posts
Posted (edited)

You could try googling modern keys and probably find a list. I consider the following modern keys, but most fall outside the years you listed.

Batman Advenres 12

Walking Dead 1

Spawn 1

Saga 1

Nyx 3

New Mutants 98

Also, this would probably get more replies if posted in the Modern forum.

Edited by DTM700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411 posts
3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

How are Avengers Vol. 4 "keys"..? Just because Iron Man wields the Infinity Stones..? Movies do not determine "key" comics.

SPOILERS*************************************************

 

In Avengers Endgame The movie ends With IM Wielding The Infinity Gauntlet or Nano Gauntlet.

Avengers 9 to 12 has now become KEYS and Increased in value Incredibly.

 

I guess your more than within your right to call Valuable comics whatever you want...

but it seems the entire World is now referring to These Issues as KEYS....

from now until The end of time, These books are going to be More valuable Than They originally were because Of The MOVIE Avengers Endgame Where Tony Stark Wields The Infinity/Nano Gauntlet to Defeat and Beat Thanos and His army...

that Is Clearly A movie directly impacted a comic and Increasing Its Value and Desirability

I'm not sure what you mean by Movies dont determine Key comics...

Thor 339 is another example...Its Increased in value and became A KEY comic that people are Looking for as a direct result of Thor's character Ark in Infinity War where he gets Stormbreaker.

Iron Man 219 is another perfect example of a Movie directly influencing a comic and causing it to increase in value and become much more desirable or A Small KEY...Once it became known Ghost was going to be in AM2, The Book instantly increased in value

Shuri's Popularity in Black Panther has Caused Her comics to become Keys Issues and really increase in Valuable

There are literally maybe DOZENS of examples of Movies directly causing Comics to increase in Value and become Keys/more desirable ...

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, Just kinda stunned by your statement of "Movies do not determine "key" comics"

 

could you try to explain to me better why you think that so I can try to at least understand where your coming from ?.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,628 posts
14 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

SPOILERS*************************************************

 

In Avengers Endgame The movie ends With IM Wielding The Infinity Gauntlet or Nano Gauntlet.

Avengers 9 to 12 has now become KEYS and Increased in value Incredibly.

 

I guess your more than within your right to call Valuable comics whatever you want...

but it seems the entire World is now referring to These Issues as KEYS....

from now until The end of time, These books are going to be More valuable Than They originally were because Of The MOVIE Avengers Endgame Where Tony Stark Wields The Infinity/Nano Gauntlet to Defeat and Beat Thanos and His army...

that Is Clearly A movie directly impacted a comic and Increasing Its Value and Desirability

I'm not sure what you mean by Movies dont determine Key comics...

Thor 339 is another example...Its Increased in value and became A KEY comic that people are Looking for as a direct result of Thor's character Ark in Infinity War where he gets Stormbreaker.

Iron Man 219 is another perfect example of a Movie directly influencing a comic and causing it to increase in value and become much more desirable or A Small KEY...Once it became known Ghost was going to be in AM2, The Book instantly increased in value

Shuri's Popularity in Black Panther has Caused Her comics to become Keys Issues and really increase in Valuable

There are literally maybe DOZENS of examples of Movies directly causing Comics to increase in Value and become Keys/more desirable ...

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, Just kinda stunned by your statement of "Movies do not determine "key" comics"

 

could you try to explain to me better why you think that so I can try to at least understand where your coming from ?.

That's not how "keys" work.

Comic book keys are not relative to comic book movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,426 posts
4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Threads like these read better when bitcoinswanky writes them

Aw you too now

doh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,683 posts

How do you define a key comic? My definition is a book that is more expensive than its neighbors in the same run.  What is yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,775 posts
1 minute ago, shadroch said:

How do you define a key comic? My definition is a book that is more expensive than its neighbors in the same run.  What is yours?

So one-shots can't be key? Only a few early ASMs are key because some of the keys are worth more than others? A random Batman appearance in a third-tier title is key?

 

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/key In which definition is value mentioned?

 

OPG-Key.jpg.669740c73d5dbb5d07816f8656e98d73.jpg

As generally irrelevant as it now is, I guess the OPG just forgot to mention value as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,515 posts
1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

So one-shots can't be key? Only a few early ASMs are key because some of the keys are worth more than others? A random Batman appearance in a third-tier title is key?

 

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/key In which definition is value mentioned?

 

OPG-Key.jpg.669740c73d5dbb5d07816f8656e98d73.jpg

As generally irrelevant as it now is, I guess the OPG just forgot to mention value as well.

Someone on eBay recently bought Hulk #14-17 (1st Red She Hulk arc) for $10.50!  How's THAT for value?!  ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
889 posts
2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Threads like these read better when bitcoinswanky writes them

Exactly. There are almost no laughs to be had! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
744 posts
1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Dang, is it necessary to give OP such a hard time?

For most people, no. 

For a select few on these boards, very much so.

The best thing is to ignore them, like a child throwing a tantrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,978 posts

We all know what kind of list the OP wants to make.

My feedback is, I would not consider every issue of a run to be on that list.  X-23 #1 maybe, but not the full run.

Edited by Heronext

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,978 posts

To everyone debating what makes a key, I ask you this: What was the exact month and year that Amazing Fantasy #15 attained “key” status?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,978 posts
7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

And even then, what happens in 10 years when the memory of the movie has long faded or been eclipsed by something else?

what happens in 1000 years when the memory of Spider-Man has long faded or been eclipsed by something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,515 posts
4 minutes ago, Heronext said:

what happens in 1000 years when the memory of Spider-Man has long faded or been eclipsed by something else?

We still read the tales of Ulysses, Jason and the Argonauts, Hercules, etc.  Who's to say we won't still be reading about Spider-Man in a 1000 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2