• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cash out or leave to heirs?
2 2

164 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

I cant picture being without my collection.  What am I supposed to do, sell everything and then wait to die?

Good point. I’m so flip-floppy on my feelings about this you’d think I was a politician. 

1 hour ago, solm4st3r said:

I'm still relatively young and would be happy to inherit any of your nice books if your relatives won't enjoy them. :foryou:

if you're cool, sure, why not?

40 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I cant picture being without my collection.  What am I supposed to do, sell everything and then wait to die?

There was a guy who collected comic art. He lived in San Francisco and specialized in "underground" artists. He amassed a huge collection that ended up being very very valuable. Lots of people were encouraging him to sell and strike why the iron was hot. He replied "what am I going to do? Sell them and go to Bermuda?. And then when I come home I have NO ART!?!"

I actually have a plan in place.  My wife is to call some board members that I have listed in my trust, and the boys get what they want .my TMNT , and my Batman collection will be my boys. The rest will be sold off with help from those board members.

19 hours ago, the blob said:

With 2 kids going to college, even state school, starting over the next 4.5 -10.5 years and a desire to be collecting my pension starting at 57-62 (in the next 11-16) the books are getting sold one way or the other between now and then.

Aren't state schools free in NY now?

15 hours ago, solm4st3r said:

I'm still relatively young and would be happy to inherit any of your nice books if your relatives won't enjoy them. :foryou:

What exactly is a "nice book"?

You do not want any "well loved books" only high grade?

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

I've recreationally sold close to $200k worth of books in the past 6 years.

I guess my retirement started early

Lend us a fiver would you :)

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Timing, a ticka ticka ticka, tick. Timing.....

On 5/17/2019 at 3:01 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm selling all my books when I hit sixty five and using the money for plastic surgery so I look twenty five

Hope you have a lot of expensive books....

24 minutes ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

Then, I'll write it into my will that the first person to find me dead...the neighbor, the mailman, a first responder, whoever....get what's left! :flipbait:

What if the person that “finds” you turns out to be your killer?

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

What if the person that “finds” you turns out to be your killer?

I will look for you. I will find you. And I will nick your comics.