• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cash out or leave to heirs?
2 2

164 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, NoMan said:

What if the person that “finds” you turns out to be your killer?

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I will look for you. I will find you. And I will nick your comics. 

Ha! This sounds like it could be fun! Just an FYI and fair warning:baiting:, I also "collect"  AK's, AR's, Tavors, long-range rifles, handguns, shotguns...the whole gambit! :headbang::banana::devil:

1 minute ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

Ha! This sounds like it could be fun! Just an FYI and fair warning:baiting:, I also "collect"  AK's, AR's, Tavors, long-range rifles, handguns, shotguns...the whole gambit! :headbang::banana::devil:

You collect a run of Gambit?...personally I would only invest in Uncanny Xmen 266.

And I've never heard of those other comics,are any graded?

14 minutes ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

:eek: 

I will look for you. I won't find you. And I'll move on and do something else. 

I’m not selling the comics unless I have to for one reason or another. I’ll leave a note for my family to come here and ask which ones are junk and which ones aren’t if I pass away. No fun selling off all your favorite things to prepare for your death

10 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

I’m not selling the comics unless I have to for one reason or another. I’ll leave a note for my family to come here and ask which ones are junk and which ones aren’t if I pass away. No fun selling off all your favorite things to prepare for your death

What a way to prepare for the inevitable...the only comfort in death would be the preservation of those you love and the stuff you found love in while you lived.

10 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

In the next couple of years I have three traveling goals.

An extended road trip crisscrossing the country

An extended vacation of six to nine months in Central America

The Path of Saint James.

Having an extensive collection hinders those things. That's one reason I'm downsizing.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:12 AM, TwoPiece said:

Why wouldn't you just put it in your last will and testament that you want the books to be buried with you..?

(thumbsu

I have friends and shovels. :devil:

On 5/17/2019 at 10:24 AM, F For Fake said:

If I drop dead unexpectedly, my wife will probably be giving the stuff away (she's already said she "doesn't want to deal with it") so stayed tuned to the obits in Louisville for some good deals!

Wait, this is much easier!

On 5/17/2019 at 7:54 AM, Black_Adam said:

In true Willy Wonka-esque fashion I will hold a mysterious 3-day sale on the boards with an assortment of breathtaking Bronze Age Gold Key comics priced at a princely $5 per comic with each (established) boardie only allowed to purchase one comic. There will be a total of 33 comics and inside one of them will be hidden a glorious Golden Ticket with the lucky recipient inheriting my legendary and (near) priceless comic collection.

Image result for comic book bank vault

wait...who are the 33 established board members going to be?

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

wait...who are the 33 established board members going to be?

The 33 comics will appear at random intervals over 3 days. The first boardie to hit :takeit:will receive the comic and a chance at the Golden Ticket, with no boardie allowed to claim more than one of the comics. The reason I said established boardies only was to stop the inevitable frenzy of new accounts as everyone clamored to claim one (or more) of the comics potentially containing the fabled Golden Ticket.

Now I just have to come up with a criteria for determining what makes a boardie established. :tonofbricks:

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Now I just have to come up with a criteria for determining what makes a boardie established. 

anyone here since 2010 is a good criteria.

But forget all that...live long and prosper!

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

anyone here since 2010 is a good criteria.

But forget all that...live long and prosper!

Thanks! With any luck this contest won't be happening for a looooong time. Check back in this thread in fifty years or so for further updates.

If I'm well enough in 10 years, I may sell the collection slowly over time. (We are talking about 18,000 comics)...so may take awhile. However, I told my wife if it's still here when I'm gone, she can do whatever she wants with the collection. She already knows what she's going to do with it, and won't tell me. :cry:

What I do know is she plans on selling the house, moving into an apartment and won't have the collection when she's ready to move.