• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's SUPERMAN AND LOIS show (TBD)
5 5

217 posts in this topic

I don't love the theme this seaon...it's too soap opera for me. I watch Super Hero stuff because I don't like mushy dramas...I can cry at Bambi...but I like most of the rest and would miss the lack of super hero shows.

On 5/13/2023 at 7:21 AM, skypinkblu said:

I don't love the theme this seaon...it's too soap opera for me. I watch Super Hero stuff because I don't like mushy dramas...I can cry at Bambi...but I like most of the rest and would miss the lack of super hero shows.

I was thinking the same thing recently.

This season has become a slight chore to keep up. And like you noted, it is due to the soap opera approach with who is sleeping with someone, what teen angst is taking place, the no-powers son having to deal with his powers-enabled son, and wrestling with cancer in the family.

But the glimpses of Bizarro, I am hoping that hints to we are getting back into the superhero story business.

:wishluck:

So the renewal came with budget cuts

As reported by Deadline earlier this evening and later confirmed by the CW, Superman & Lois and All American: Homecoming are getting picked up for next season alongside previously renewed tentpoles All American and Walker. Freshman series Gotham Knights has been canceled.

To make the dual deals possible there will be budget cuts that include reducing the number of series regular cast members. Superman & Lois has 12 series regulars, Deadline hears the leads are not expected to be affected but supporting cast members will likely be. (Speeding up the decision is the fact that cast options are set to expire this week.)

Additionally, the CW is likely to share some library streaming rights to Superman & Lois, which is now available on Max.

“We are thrilled to bring All American: Homecoming and Superman & Lois back to The CW,” said Brad Schwartz, President of Entertainment, The CW Network, in a statement. “These series are two of our strongest performers across our linear and digital platforms with some of the most passionate fanbases in all of television. We are grateful to our partners at Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions for their continued collaboration, and we cannot wait to get started on the new seasons.”

On 2/17/2024 at 1:56 PM, Bosco685 said:

So kill a popular show to feed someone's producer ego?

20220327_154918.jpg.1582664322a7f9592a16182d284e95cd.jpg.91e5ebea02874e1ca18f55e61555ad30.jpg

But of course they would get rid of a show that I liked .  

DC really needs to get their chit together.  This is a horrible move. Whoever decided on this should be fired.