• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Static #1 platinum edition
2 2

73 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Not surprised that they're out of Static 1. And all of the other Milestone books I looked up are pricey

I'll pass on this market but for comparison 

They sure think a lot of it :shy:

https://www.dacardworld.com/comic-books/static-1-cgc-9-6-w-3706491007

26 minutes ago, USCMitch said:

Apologies for necro posting, but is this book as hot as this listing would seem to indicate? Or is this an error, super exuberant consignor or similar? 

If this is legit, I'll be submitting my raw 9.4/9.6 for grading ASAP.

Static1Platinum.thumb.PNG.1104f08daf728703362bfe80c3a485e2.PNG

There’s 2 9.8s listed on EBay for under 1k

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

No. Asking prices are meaningless.

I totally get that. But there is a difference between high asking prices that are probing the ceiling of the market and high asking prices that are just off the reservation. My guess would be that this particular asking price is off the reservation a bit, but I don't sell enough or know enough about modern books to guess exactly how far

2 hours ago, USCMitch said:

I totally get that. But there is a difference between high asking prices that are probing the ceiling of the market and high asking prices that are just off the reservation. My guess would be that this particular asking price is off the reservation a bit, but I don't sell enough or know enough about modern books to guess exactly how far

Last 9.8 sold for $799

its a fishing listing, guy seller is hoping casting news or something comes out the causes other 2 9.8s to sell and people start throwing him offers. with only 39 9.8s on census if some major news came out. the book spiking to 1k-2k wouldn't be surprising given last sale was 799

22 hours ago, USCMitch said:

Apologies for necro posting, but is this book as hot as this listing would seem to indicate? Or is this an error, super exuberant consignor or similar? 

If this is legit, I'll be submitting my raw 9.4/9.6 for grading ASAP.

Static1Platinum.thumb.PNG.1104f08daf728703362bfe80c3a485e2.PNG

As mentioned, asking price means nothing. But if you do have a raw 9.4/9.6, definitely worth getting that graded. I think prices on the Platinum are only going to rise in the short term

8 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

As mentioned, asking price means nothing. But if you do have a raw 9.4/9.6, definitely worth getting that graded. I think prices on the Platinum are only going to rise in the short term

I think I am sending in my last copy you have convinced me its easy 9.4 and looks like 9.6.
I was on the fence because I know I can get an easy $250 for it+

Edited by fastballspecial