Hero Restoration pressing service
1 1

7 posts in this topic

46 posts

Hey guys was thinking about having hero restoration do some comic pressing for me and was wondering if any of you have experience with them? Im one to always be worried about other people touching my books so I'm a bit hesitant so wanted to see if anyone here can chime in. Thanks!

427 posts

Mike is awesome. He pressed about 20 books for me from Silver to Modern.  Super pleasant to deal with, and packs the books very well when he sent them back to me.  Hero Restoration is good to go in my book.  

4,061 posts

Mike is great and one of the best out there.  I had a couple of books that had issues and he called me personally to go over my options.  I'm sure most people who have used Mike's services will tell you the same.

952 posts

Yup, I now only use Mike at Hero Restoration for any of my pre-submission pressing that I can't do myself (I'm comfortable working with newer stuff, but anything super valuable or golden age I leave to the professionals), as well as for restoration work (have found his work to be the best, especially for the costs compared to other restoration providers).

192 posts
On 2/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Spider-Guy said:

Hey guys was thinking about having hero restoration do some comic pressing for me and was wondering if any of you have experience with them? Im one to always be worried about other people touching my books so I'm a bit hesitant so wanted to see if anyone here can chime in. Thanks!

Did you end up using their service. Im curious as I was thinking about trying them out too. Mostly because I wanted to try the CGC grade prescreen service. Where you send in 25 books and set a grade for a floor and they only grade and encapsulate the books that pass a prescreening. I was thinking of sending him the batch first; prescreen himself, press what he thought needed pressing and leave the rest alone. Then send them in for the CGC service, the thought process was that this would leave a higher rate of success. But I dont know if that possible.

952 posts
6 hours ago, 956Ref said:

Did you end up using their service. Im curious as I was thinking about trying them out too. Mostly because I wanted to try the CGC grade prescreen service. Where you send in 25 books and set a grade for a floor and they only grade and encapsulate the books that pass a prescreening. I was thinking of sending him the batch first; prescreen himself, press what he thought needed pressing and leave the rest alone. Then send them in for the CGC service, the thought process was that this would leave a higher rate of success. But I dont know if that possible.

He totally can do that, as he offers a few levels of pre-screen service. The basic screen: Pre-screen for a minimum grade is $2 per book. (Can be screened for any grade). For example if you want to know which books are 9.0 or higher. He can also do a Full Grading pre-screening service for $4 per book. (For when you want more than a screen for minimum) Includes graders notes. For example, if you want to know the grades of your books and exactly what is impacting their condition.