2020 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
11 11

385 posts in this topic

9,248 posts
29 minutes ago, Wipple said:

should I do a reveal?

sorry guys, I'm at work and can just check in every now and then. Sure please show :whee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,390 posts
Posted (edited)

I was going to say it was 3.5 or higher (maybe)? but brittle pages, kills the grade. I believe they see it this way, with one tiny little bit of mishandling turning the pages, the page crumbles and then you have an incomplete book. 

Edited by flashlites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,030 posts

#48 FORFEIT is just a placeholder and should be skipped unless some enterprising Board member changes their name to FORFEIT. (shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47,279 posts

I'm able to pick live Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,172 posts
24 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I'm gonna be in so much trouble at home when this large box shows up... lol

I'm waffling on my pick like when I was trying to choose between 9.4 or 9.6 on that Omac #1! 

But I'm going for something that looks really cool and plays to my interest in SF -- I pick Prize #30   Fantastic Novels Pulp Lot of 18. Also a reader copy of Death of Captain Marvel Graphic Novel, Donated by TheGeneral

Thanks @TheGeneral!

 

:banana: Woo!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,981 posts
6 minutes ago, Shark said:

I was going to go for Tom's $100 in Paypal, but seeing that someone else in here needs it more than I do, I'm going to pick:

Prize #14  Azkaban mystery box 
Donated by Azkaban

If you can't beat 'em, take their comics!  :banana:

Who are  you referring to as needing it more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266 posts
6 minutes ago, Shark said:

I was going to go for Tom's $100 in Paypal, but seeing that someone else in here needs it more than I do, I'm going to pick:

Prize #14  Azkaban mystery box 
Donated by Azkaban

If you can't beat 'em, take their comics!  :banana:

Dang it! I was hoping the mystery box would last longer. 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
343 posts

I'll pick:

Prize #10   Random lot of cross publisher, cross era, cross condition books. US only due to weight, but will figure out another prize if the winner is from anywhere else   
Donated by shiverbones

Love the assortment of books in this prize!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,102 posts
2 minutes ago, Shark said:

Nobody specifically.  I'm retired now so this shutdown isn't hurting me as much as other people.  I'm just assuming there are other contestants here who could really use the money from any of the Paypal donations listed in here.  If I had taken Tom's $100 Paypal donation, I was going to use it to buy comics from an LCS through my Facebook comic group.

Now that is thinking about others which is awesome. <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,981 posts
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

Dang it! I was hoping the mystery box would last longer. 😭

That it made it that long is only because @azkaban was the winner and that set of pulp. I.e I doubt it would make it past me! Or oakman for that matter

Edited by 01TheDude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,981 posts
9 minutes ago, Shark said:

Nobody specifically.  I'm retired now so this shutdown isn't hurting me as much as other people.  I'm just assuming there are other contestants here who could really use the money from any of the Paypal donations listed in here.  If I had taken Tom's $100 Paypal donation, I was going to use it to buy comics from an LCS through my Facebook comic group.

Cool! I had thought it was something someone wrote that I missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266 posts
13 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

That it made it that long is only because @azkaban was the winner and that set of pulp. I.e I doubt it would make it past me! Or oakman for that matter

Can't wait to see the reveal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47,279 posts
Posted (edited)

Oakman29 takes prize 29 true crime.😎

Edited by oakman29
Some things are just more important than money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,102 posts

@01TheDude your up :)

Prizes taken!

Azkaban took #12

Warlord took #30

Shark took #14

Batcollector took #10

oakman29 took #29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,917 posts
12 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

@01TheDude your up :)

Prizes taken!

Azkaban took #12

Warlord took #30

Shark took #14

Batcollector took #10

oakman29 took #29

Thanks.  Trying to edit my list of prizes and pickers but it won't save for some reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
11 11