• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the Corona virus affected any cons yet?
7 7

434 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

YES,

local comic shows are being cancelled. One that was supposed to be this Sunday and another 2 weeks from now.

:cry:

43 minutes ago, wombat said:

I can't actually be reading this. Someone thinks the term "novel virus" is referencing a novel as in a book? I refuse to believe anyone actually thinks that.

Yeah, I thought some recent posts by others were ridiculous, but this is a whole new level.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Everybody can relax now, I'm working on a bold, new technique, quite frankly based on 1960s technology, to fight the Coronavirus on its own turf and beat this thing from the inside out. I'm almost ready to start trials. Volunteers?

I'm shooting my 12 gauge off the front porch. I figure any of the virus I don't hit will be scared away.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Everybody can relax now, I'm working on a bold, new technique, quite frankly based on 1960s technology, to fight the Coronavirus on its own turf and beat this thing from the inside out. I'm almost ready to start trials. Volunteers?

These grls couldhandle the situation!

12 (3) (1).jpg

12 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'm doing a local con this weekend near the Iowa/Illinois border. I am not sure what to expect

penicillin afterwards?

13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'm doing a local con this weekend near the Iowa/Illinois border. I am not sure what to expect

For that neck of the woods- depravity!  It’s an area where anything can happen and usually does.  The people there seem normal but underneath the thin veil of civility it’s all up for grabs.  Keep your wallet in your front pocket...

13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

No toilet paper in any public restrooms and a lot of cosplay gas masks ...

9 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

When i hear that a 47 year old healthy Lifeguard/Firefighter/Competitive Surfer drops dead from it (me), i'll worry. I have Medical Background and unless you  are Ill, old, ill health background (i.e Asthma, Heart Disease..Ect) you're more likely to die from a car accident than a virus thats been around for decades... New strain, same results..like the Flu. Old, Ill health, young ect. 

Who is a lifeguard/firefighter/competitive surfer at 47?