• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dylanthekid said:

in regards of grade, I just get too busy sometimes so I prioritize and pick higher priced stuff to grade. Most large sellers DONT give graders notes unless something major which I do as well. except BLISSARD. good for him

You have 200 total listings. I know you fancy yourself a large seller because you once sat on a toilet while manhandling a big key to get attention, but 200 listings on ebay is somewhat far away from large seller status.

Nice cop out by not providing at least a rough grade range for your books, though. 

11 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

after that whole mess up and the boards went crazy. a week later I got my hulk 1 back in a BLUE label. I'm gonna attach my pissed off email to Harshen

august 18th, harshen will verify. 

Harshen,

Are you sure? Because I thought it was untrimmed and conserved. Then it came back with a blue label. Now, you are saying top edge of cover trimmed. The notes say trimmed full top of cover. This is ridiculous-which is it? Where are the rest of them?

-Dylan
-------------------------
Harshen,

I should most definitely get a refund on this. Furthermore, you should pay ME for grading this one since I indisputably did a much better job. If you disagree we can have a public debate about who did a better job which we both know will never happen because this is soooooo embarrassing for cgc. Are you guys not gonna apologize already?

-Dylan

giphy-30.gif

tenor-173.gif

2 minutes ago, kav said:

You said  I have proven raw grade has little to no correlation to price
poor condition is a grade.  nice isnt but, well you can see my confusion-

fyi the true CGC grade of that ASM 11 is probably a 1.0, It would likely be a poor or FR on DylanAuctions 

1 minute ago, dylanthekid said:

ok VF condition. happy?

So raw grade DOES have an effect on price, no?
So you were wrong stating
 I have proven raw grade has little to no correlation to price
And that you 'proved' it.

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
3 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

here: 1st copy Poor condition 2nd copy Nice condition

asm11lowgrade.jpg

asm11lowgrade.jpg

Both copies

Horrible condition 

Am I missing something here, or is this some kind of 'in' joke. The condition of both those books is dog rough, and whilst I am not saying that there is not a collector somewhere who would love them and give them a home due to financial constraints or whatever, in no known universe could either of those copies be referred to as 'nice'

2 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

yes agreed. but my point is that the book will the vast majority of the time sell for what it should sell for REGARDLESS of the grade you give it. I guess if someone like Comics4less or Blissard did it, it might move the needle but my prices are not occult strong like them yet

People need to trust the seller

Just now, G G ® said:

Am I missing something here, or is this some kind of 'in' joke. The condition of both those books is dog rough, and whilst I am not saying that there is not a collector somewhere who would love them and give them a home due to financial constraints or whatever, in no known universe could either of those copies be referred to as 'nice'

They are the same book

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

It’s the same book :gossip:

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

You have 200 total listings. I know you fancy yourself a large seller because you once sat on a toilet while manhandling a big key to get attention, but 200 listings on ebay is somewhat far away from large seller status.

Nice cop out by not providing at least a rough grade range for your books, though. 

oh I agree, this week is definitely light. but remember these are auctions. 200 BIN listings is very small. we consistently put up about 500 each week that mostly sell. I'm definitely not the biggest never said I was but the sell through is high

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Just now, G G ® said:

Then I'm confused. 

difference in price at auction between calling the same book an 8.0 and a .5

Just now, G G ® said:

Then I'm confused. 

He was trying to say people are more enticed by a description of a book rather then a grade, nevertheless despite the exhaustive counseling on the errors of his ways, he fails to think he is doing anything wrong

12 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

@dylanthekid

Can you clarify the rarity of this book?  In the title it says it’s the only known copy, but in the description.....

93E9FB88-29D5-4A30-9EEB-B5BD0FDB7C61.jpeg

FE96D359-DD36-4AB2-BFA7-7B303F6ADD1A.jpeg

Well he did add the disclaimer.. "- I believe " 

1235346638_giphy(3).gif.1e439ab6bd3d167670c8655c8ce8329e.gif

giphy (4).gif

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

This is actually an easy question to answer. And the answer lies within the last two words of his forum member ID.  "The Kid". For whatever else Dylan is or what anybody thinks he is, or thinks of him; first and foremost, he is a kid. A youngster. And although many teenagers and those recently out of their teens feel they're expertise is second to none, and no matter their IQ, most lack the experience in tact that age and constant adaptation provide. 

I'll be honest, if I were faced with my 18 year old, know it all self, listening to some of the pips I used to come out with and the way I used to think and act at times, I might either walk away or walk away after laying myself out. 

Dylan is a kid. Doesn't mean he doesn't know comics; doesn't mean he's not intelligent. To me, it just means cutting him some slack while he catches up on tact in his act.

I'm not going to treat this person like a child. I might cut them some slack up to a point, but I think that point flew out the window months ago tbh. They either grow up and act professionally if they want to be in business, and open their ears to constructive criticism, or get out and find another hobby or profession. 

Edited by speedcake