• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

just a wonder for those more experienced with ebay selling. 

If he sold the book, but then processed the return of the book thru ebay (since he said he was taking back all the sold books) does ebay offer to relist the book and could that be the mechanism that led to the book being relisted despite it being sold (again, only possible IF he processed the return thru ebay, which I'd assume he did so he wouldnt be out the fees)?

and lets not forget that there were multiple phases of submissions by the seller

The first where he discovered the loophole (one book that came back on a character blue label despite restoration)

And the second where he exploited the loophole (multiple books submitted for Spider character labels all that had restoration and/or trimming)

7 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

just a wonder for those more experienced with ebay selling. 

If he sold the book, but then processed the return of the book thru ebay (since he said he was taking back all the sold books) does ebay offer to relist the book and could that be the mechanism that led to the book being relisted despite it being sold (again, only possible IF he processed the return thru ebay, which I'd assume he did so he wouldnt be out the fees)?

No way eBay did this by itself.

Someone would have had to click something. 

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Don't post in that thread.  I had the last post and want to get some pernts.

It’s already locked and I already awarded you the points. 

that thread should not have been locked though... especially as it is an ongoing issue and CGC said what should be done... 

It amazes me, but I found a listing that I posted in modern of a mislablled over the weekend. 

They handled it when alerted by ending the listing and promising to send to CGC as well.......

It's a thing @Corona smith alerted the seller :) good on you :headbang: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, october said:

Did you miss this 8.0 he sold recently?

D3F9DA5A-4898-4166-AE4E-1CE5E1EB2658.jpeg

6 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
3 hours ago, october said:

Did you miss this 8.0 he sold recently?

D3F9DA5A-4898-4166-AE4E-1CE5E1EB2658.jpeg

I was sure you were joking.

Nope, it's real: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Giggle-Comics-3-CRESTON-1943-8-0/224095184322

Possible he went to type 1.0 and accidentally hit an 8-I've done that.

Edited by kav

5 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Sent him a message through eBay requesting he note that the book is restored in his description and to the existence of this thread. Guess his response or lack thereof will speak volumes. 

I appreciate that you've dealt with this guy and like him but I can't understand why you're giving him a pass or any benefit of doubt.  He's well aware of the problem and he continues to try to profit from the situation rather than act honestly.  He's a slime ball.  A big one.

Edited by thehumantorch

4 hours ago, october said:

He's an awful grader.  I tried to buy a few of his books to send to CGC just to highlight his 'skilzz' but he doesn't ship to Canada.