Bomber Bob memorial thread.
11 11

114 posts in this topic

1,846 posts

My deepest condolences to the family.  RIP Bob.

237 posts

So sorry to hear.  I haven't been here very long but Bob was one of the first to welcome me to this forum and help me with my noob questions.  RIP Bomber Bob.

33,327 posts
5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

:frown:

Is there anything we can do to help his family?

@october

@skypinkblu

I am not sure. I know he was married, but I did not know his wife. 

1,420 posts

Many years back in one of my first sales threads, I sold a book to Bob and as a relative n00b, was actually a mix of nervous and excited to have a transaction with someone who was clearly a respected veteran on the boards. Interacting with him and then getting some nice feedback about my packaging and shipping - and my grading of the book itself - did a lot for my confidence and sense of belonging as a member of the community.

Very sorry to learn of his passing and will miss seeing his contributions here. 

30,008 posts
59 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

:frown:

Is there anything we can do to help his family?

@october

@skypinkblu

He knew he was ill for quite some time, he had the same kind of brain tumor that John McCain did.  He was a very nice man and it was sad that he had to suffer through that.

I'd be happy to help, but I don't know his family. If someone does and they need help and want to contact me that would be fine. However, he seemed to be planning for the inevitable for  a while or at least that was the impression I had from him.

Just a sad weekend, so sorry for his loss. 

3,960 posts

Thanks for letting us know about bomber Bob , I always wonder what happened when a board member stops posting ,  I enjoyed his posts

RIP

2,149 posts

Never had the chance to interact with Bob but he always posted great comics and was always a positive presence on these boards. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and all who knew and loved him. RIP BB.

1,831 posts

Had a few PM exchange with him. Nice guy. RIP Bob. My condolences to his family. 

49,613 posts

Very sad news about Bob. My thoughts are with his family at this time.

I hope his suffering was at a bare minimum.

RIP 

15,133 posts

Terrible news, he was a great guy and a passionate collector. We had talked on the boards a few times and then I got to meet him at a WW Chicago. He'd reached out to me about a year ago as he was selling some books, and though I couldn't afford them I wanted to help him out (and they were gorgeous books I am proud to own, especially having come from him). Last time I talked to him, which was a few months ago, he said he was doing a little better. :cry:

Edited by mysterio

15,429 posts

So sad to hear. RIP Bob.