• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to get graded

8 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Omegadepot said:

do the spawns and TIG, due to value if they are 9.8s. also agree with paperheart. pick what you like. i feel that TIG would be a nice display comic.

that isn't even TIG, it's one of the lenticular variants from a while back, isn't it?

Grade none of these, not even the Spawn 1.

Adding my voice to the chorus, the Spawn 1's if they're 9.8, nothing else here. If you just want to keep them in nice shape, get some mylars and full backs, and sit back and enjoy. No need to go to the expense of grading.

2 hours ago, speedcake said:

Grade none of these, not even the Spawn 1.

I would probably tend to lean this way also becuase it appears that the pressing and grading companies will be getting the large majority of the monies here, even if you are lucky enough to get a 9.8 grade out of either the Spawn 1 or IG 1 in the end.  hm

Now, if you can get a guaranteed CGC 9.8 or a shot at a CGC 9.9 out of these 2 books, then I would go for it.  Anything less than a CGC 9.8 on either of these books would be a money loser once you add in all of the other ancillary chargessuch as shipping and the likes.  :(