• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious what everyone's plans are?
3 3

87 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2020 at 2:41 PM, 1950's war comics said:

they have a new "managed payment program" that everyone will have to sign up for , there is a thread about it somewhere here on the boards, i heard everyone

who sells will have to give eBay their SSN and CC info 

Seriously? Up here in Canada ... it is actually illegal to give my SIN (like SSN) to a company who doesn’t have the government authority online. Rather, it is vouch by a person if want to give ... but not for me (tsk).  

Aside that, I plan to sell all my excess comic books before I go to retirement. Upon my retirement, I will begin to sell my keys away as I don’t have family kinship left with no interest in my collection. I will go into retirement from one job but continue for next 15-20 years with other job. I already had laid my long term plans rolling in motion. 

27 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Seriously? Up here in Canada ... it is actually illegal to give my SIN (like SSN) to a company who doesn’t have the government authority online. Rather, it is vouch by a person if want to give ... but not for me (tsk).  

Aside that, I plan to sell all my excess comic books before I go to retirement. Upon my retirement, I will begin to sell my keys away as I don’t have family kinship left with no interest in my collection. I will go into retirement from one job but continue for next 15-20 years with other job. I already had laid my long term plans rolling in motion. 

i hope i am wrong but that is what i heard , heard that they will need your SSN , hope it was a mistake

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

i hope i am wrong but that is what i heard , heard that they will need your SSN , hope it was a mistake

Wouldn’t know anything with American systems there so cannot comment about SSN thing with eBay. With my eBay account, it wasn’t required years ago. I guess it has to do with the state taxes? o.O

6 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I know this is gonna sound crazy but why wouldn't you want to pay your debtors?   When I borrow money I promise to pay them back and honoring that promise is important.

Of course you want to pay your debtors. I just dont want my belongings that is earmarked  for  my family going to probate.  Once your belongings go into probate the family cannot get anything until quite aways later, and might not receive what I want them to recieve.

46 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Of course you want to pay your debtors. I just dont want my belongings that is earmarked  for  my family going to probate.  Once your belongings go into probate the family cannot get anything until quite aways later, and might not receive what I want them to recieve.

Cool.  I did some reading on a Living Trust and if I understand it correctly you can move property into the living trust, such as a vacation home, and that would freeze capital gains on the property and reduce probate costs and distribute the property quicker.  And I'd guess moving property into a trust is effectively a transfer of ownership so might very well shield the property from debtors.  Interesting