• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

and he is extremely protective of the warming thread , he considers it to be his own thread and recently bragged when HIS thread reached 100k views..

it is 100% politically motivated and now we know why it is allowed to stand ,and also we now all know why all who post different data points are given warnings and strikes

That is quite, quite pathetic.

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

if you were planning on taking over the planet and wanted to plan it online and use this forum, it's probably not the best place to make those plans.

There goes all my plans.

:tonofbricks:

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Sooooo....conspiracy theory 101.

It has not been much of a secret that I was a "volunteer"  mod, I posted in purple when I was signed in my Mod ID long ago and everyone jumped on the error...and posted it and probably laughed about or cried.

The volunteer mods are just that, unpaid volunteers who were "volunteered".

I didn't even know who some of the people were.

It was a secret because Arch set it up that way.

I think I was the only screw up, everyone else was anonymous.

Volunteer mods have limited powers. To the best of my knowledge, we all have pretty much the same access and I know *I* cannot see a pm unless you report the PM by hitting the report button or copy it. I think I've seen 3 in 8 years.

Personally, I don't want to see your PMS, TMI. 

To the person who was worried that we could see the real prices of stuff, we cannot, nor would anyone want to as far as I know.

The Admins on the other hand, are paid people who most probably can see your PMs, I've never been an Admin so I can't bet the house on it, but I'd bet a comic. I know that Arch could if he wanted, I know that some other Admins could, but I'm not sure if it's everyone AND I don't think they ever look, but if you were planning on taking over the planet and wanted to plan it online and use this forum, it's probably not the best place to make those plans.

Admins do review things the volunteer mods take care of, maybe not every single itsy bitsy time, but they do look and they certainly look if someone complains. Hence some things have been modified.

I'm not saying it's been as vigilant since Covid, but it does happen.

I'm sorry the software is all messed up. I had nothing to do with it, but I'm still sorry.

I know Arch once said only admin gives out strikes after a review but I believe that is no longer the case, and that mods give out strikes-this is due to the fact that I once got a strike 60 seconds after posting.

1 minute ago, wilbil said:

yes, i think it is still building out and upgrading.

things like sales threads should have been considered, though, and maybe not a prime time thing, considering the weather today and probably a lot of member more active on days like this.

btw, stop trying to be first. be a sport. let kav catch up.

I think my content has a slight bit more substance to it... not much... but a little. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I was trying to send a PM and it happened.  I think the new boards might still be trying to upload segments or transition files from the old software so there are going to be more hiccups in areas that are more active. 

Maybe this will mean all the pictures will come back.  There are a bunch of people running sales threads that got kind of screwed by all of this. 

I've now spent over an hour replacing the pics that got hosed in my sales thread. To say this sucks is not an understatement. And who is to say that the ones I'm fixing right now aren't going to get hosed again. I believe this gets filed under "but you don't pay a dime to sell here" but still I need to vent somewhere.

1 minute ago, Kramerica said:

I've now spent over an hour replacing the pics that got hosed in my sales thread. To say this sucks is not an understatement. And who is to say that the ones I'm fixing right now aren't going to get hosed again. I believe this gets filed under "but you don't pay a dime to sell here" but still I need to vent somewhere.

That'll give ya carpal tunnel for sure.

15 minutes ago, kav said:

I know Arch once said only admin gives out strikes after a review but I believe that is no longer the case, and that mods give out strikes-this is due to the fact that I once got a strike 60 seconds after posting.

That's because you deserved it. 

22 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

if you were planning on taking over the planet and wanted to plan it online and use this forum, it's probably not the best place to make those plans.

18 minutes ago, Hudson said:

There goes all my plans.

:tonofbricks:

20201216_201627.jpg.67ffdf2efb1f91bb793cba6b6679d09f.jpg

16 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Your files show a link that is still present.  I would put the thread on hold or offer buyers another pic through PM if they really need to know 'now'.

I think the fact that the links are still present mean the images will eventually load in. 

I think it is sort of like if you were downloading a game that allowed you to start playing while the back end of the game was still downloading and arranging itself.   I've seen this happen with certain apps on iPhone. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 9.24.52 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think the fact that the links are still present mean the images will eventually load in. 

What you think is unimportant.

16 minutes ago, kav said:

When the software changed, the "strike" system changed to a point system. There are no "strikes" anymore.

If you get points and they start to add up, you get time off depending on the number of points. I think he explained this when the software changed, but some of us (waves hand) were so lost we had no idea how it worked.

So, you can have something pulled and get a "point" and if you already had some, you can have time off. The number of points are connected to each reason, I can't arbitrarily make up a number. I CAN give someone a higher level warning if one is needed. For example if someone has already been warned a few times and keeps doing the same exact thing. They can get a minor violation instead of a Warning.

Most people, for a first offense get a "notice", which has zero points and doesn't count towards time off. Most of the issues are closed with nothing done, the next largest number of actions are "notices" with zero points. There are very very few actual warnings given out, Unfortunately to the few who do get them, it seems like a lot.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

When the software changed, the "strike" system changed to a point system. There are no "strikes" anymore.

If you get points and they start to add up, you get time off depending on the number of points. I think he explained this when the software changed, but some of us (waves hand) were so lost we had no idea how it worked.

So, you can have something pulled and get a "point" and if you already had some, you can have time off. The number of points are connected to each reason, I can't arbitrarily make up a number. I CAN give someone a higher level warning if one is needed. For example if someone has already been warned a few times and keeps doing the same exact thing. They can get a minor violation instead of a Warning.

Most people, for a first offense get a "notice", which has zero points and doesn't count towards time off. Most of the issues are closed with nothing done, the next largest number of actions are "notices" with zero points. There are very very few actual warnings given out, Unfortunately to the few who do get them, it seems like a lot.

I need to find out how many points I have at work, I really need some time off.