• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

All of the lithographs in the back row were commemorative lithos from the Disney VHS releases.  They were available ONLY if you preordered the VHS release OR you were a castmember at the time and walked off with a crate of them after the remaining stock were thrown away in a dumpster after the preorder.  

I want to thank the Disney company for helping me pay for my college books back in 1997 once I resigned to work somewhere else.  I started selling my castmember loot on Prodigy, AOL and then eBay in its early days.    Those Snow White lithos were worth their weight in gold back then.

I still have some stuff from that time period like my name badge which I smuggled out of the store and a few other items.  

Thanks for the memories with those.   I have not seen those in years. 

That is correct.  Not many realize that. I got most of these through the preorder.  My sister worked as a cast member for several years. Definitely got plenty of loot. I still have TON more that isn't pictured.  I managed to buy the remaining stock from one of the closing Disney Stores and ended up with a bunch of Demos and promotional stuff sent to the stores that was never available to the public. 

You are welcome for the memories.  They always give me the same. :cloud9:

4 hours ago, kav said:

I dont think I or anyone I know have ever gotten a strike from any mod but mod1.  Maybe once-cant remember.  Not sure why this is the case.  Maybe @skypinkblu can weigh in-if not that's ok.

I'm mod 11, a few  of the people on that list were total  surprises to me. 

I know this is a hot topic of gossip right now, but points do expire and maybe this past year can help some people realize how trivial things like a few points are next to the real problems some people, even people on these very boards are facing.

My thoughts tonight are with a boarder whose 4 year old grandchild is ill from this horrible virus.

Have a great night.

10 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Is there a complete list of mods? I think I only saw the half dozen outed in this thread. Still hoping for a Canadian mod. :wishluck:

They tried a canadian mod but he kept rolling cheese around.

1 minute ago, Foley said:

Rashy or ashy? 

Either way, pretty sure you caught that from Gary Coleman.

trashy he means