• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Books Alert!!
6 6

95 posts in this topic

The universe has spoken.

Put on something sexy and let me know what kind of profanities you like.

Edited by Domo Arigato

10 hours ago, thesink said:

I think C-Link stole the books straight out of the storage facility themselves. They followed the HA auction, saw that you were the buyer and followed you to your storage unit. They felt the original owner in the HA auction didn't give them a solid chance and they want to show the cgc boards and the world that they are truly the better comic auction house. No possible alternate explanation exists!

Inspector Clouseau has once again cracked ze case. 

12 hours ago, dgillock said:

Hi Daniel,

I was just made aware of this thread. Sunday night on Valentines Day, so do not know if you will see this, but someone will be reaching out to you Monday AM first thing to get this resolved. The good news is the books in the auction are safe and sound.

-Douglas Gillock, ComicLink

Class

(thumbsu

This is great how fast this was figured out and partially "resolved".  Great work by boardies once again. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. 

That's alarming seeing how they got in through the top. So is this a unit inside one of those renovated warehouses? Look like they laid steel mesh cable across the top which sounds pretty good to me. Not too good on the supports that were supposed to hold the mesh in place though.

1 hour ago, CatskillMike said:

This is great how fast this was figured out and partially "resolved".  Great work by boardies once again. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. 

That's alarming seeing how they got in through the top. So is this a unit inside one of those renovated warehouses? Look like they laid steel mesh cable across the top which sounds pretty good to me. Not too good on the supports that were supposed to hold the mesh in place though.

It’s a Public Storage facility. Just the regular indoor kind you see everywhere. Apparently all of the climate controlled ones are built this way. I won’t be storing anything of value in a storage unit ever again. Clothes and furniture!

Just now, Daniel Boshell said:

It’s a Public Storage facility. Just the regular indoor kind you see everywhere. Apparently all of the climate controlled ones are built this way. I won’t be storing anything of value in a storage unit ever again. Clothes and furniture!

How'd it go? did the police report help? any receipts of when you got them? curious how to preserve ownership of my stuff too :wishluck: 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Boshell said:

All's well that ends well....a lesson learned and luckily not the hard way. Happy for you Daniel...although I was eyeing the Love Experiences :foryou:..beautiful book