• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2021 at 10:29 AM, Robot Man said:

I’d have to throw skypinkblu’s hat into the ring. A very long time member. Not only is she so well versed in the deep pit called GA, but she is just a remarkable person as well. Anytime a boardie is in trouble, she is among the first to jump in and help. She has a heart of gold. Her amazing efforts this year have handmade a ton of masks that she has donated to kids here and in her community. A true labor of love and caring. These boards are a better place because of her. 

There are a lot of great boardies but skypinkblu is always the voice of reason and action.  If there's a fire to put out she's carrying the dynamite and if there's a cause to support she's leading the howling pack.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:40 PM, Flee-Marquette said:

goldust-zeppelin.jpg

I appreciate the sentiment.  It means a lot coming from the greatest front man in rock music. :hi:

flee is there a chance you could put all your animations in one thread?  You've made me laugh so many times.

30 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Great suggestion. 

While we're at it, you should be in any HOF yourself Paul. Sorry, Ken or whatever your f:censored:ing name is. A man of some longevity, unquestionable taste and with an uncanny knack of finding the right phrase for the right moment. And a real interest in the actual stories of comics too, which is uncommon for a comic forum. You should be up there mate, on any walk of fame type thing <3

3 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Haha we a hate something that others can’t believe we hate.

Byrne ASM covers deserve a hate, Eric. B hate just won't do.

If we all moved the same thing and agreed about it all, what a sad world.

I'm not so sure. If all the Byrne covered ASM copies were put in a massive container, and we all got together and moved it off a cliff, that would be a good thing I think. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm not so sure. If all the Byrne covered ASM copies were put in a massive container, and we all got together and moved it off a cliff, that would be a good thing I think. 

While I definitely would tend to agree.

( I mean come on Mary Jane looks like a man made up to look like Cher while cosplaying :facepalm:

if this container idea were implemented you know some copies would be found and then they would command some value, which I my opinion NONE of them should. :sick:

#notmymaryjane 

#byrnesmaryjanelookslikeaman

#worsethanliefeldfeet.

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Byrne ASM covers deserve a hate, Eric. B hate just won't do.

Meant to put all but A hate works better haha

So far, I am very pleased by this thread, it is both informative and entertaining.

The prices that GA/SA and Original art today have achieved have been as a result of these CGC boards, which are the best, which have spread knowledge, confidence, and awareness in buying CGC books sometimes many times over Bob Overstreet or previous market sales. We have grown as collector community to be able to use 1000's of years combined  years comic experiences and collecting stories to become better able to justify todays 2021 prices. I cannot remember when someone on this great CGC board..posed a question and it was not answered with a day, some of the most obscure data which was asked to test this boards knowledge.

Hero's deserve credit not only in our comic books but  within our collecting community who have helped bring to  where we are today both as a sole collector and comic book CGC community. Those "memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain". I know that a former fellow board member who most you are familiar with is working on a project called "Comic Book Store Wars" which he is attempting to get put on a video format. and I hope the will not be lost or forgotten  as It will cover 1970-1999....30 years of some of the greatest stories which helped us create fandom today, the early comic books store are what the board is today..if not more important. . I know a lot of us forget how really great it is to have the CGC board...just compare the other grading companies comic book board, no comparison period.

As our demographic seems to be aging, we need to put  our  knowledge and experience put down on these boards so that 20 or 30 years from now, future collector's will have some sort of idea, how is was or what was it like.

I would say some of the most important people in my 50 years plus of being a collector/dealer have left us, some just recently such Russ Cochran who was a early titan and created a fine art approach to comic strip and comic book original art by publishing "art " style books in the 7-'s...that right 1970's. Back around 1981...I can remember Bruce Hamilton at my house taking about how he and Russ were going revolutionize comic book art and its perception with the publication of the "the Fine art of Walt Disneys's Donal Duck" which was at the time price wise incredibility high, but if you have seen this book, the quality still stands out today with a major print run at the time of 1800 plus copies and it have a large impact on the comic book world. His incredible story of how he sold it to Disney and his famous meeting with a Disney executive.  I think every board member would really apprreicate a conversation between the two on this board. Due to Bruce's absolute tragic death and Russ's   recent passing only board members can share fragments of what these giants once were.  FYI, Helen Hamliton,  Bruces's wife just passed away last year also for those who remember her at conventions etc.

My point is our GA/SA collecting world was created by BOTH the comic books/art themselves and US, true comic book collectors ....it is that combo which have taken us to heights which would have been laughed at just 25 years ago.

But we have grown exponentially direct as a result of this board creation and  its credibility.

Let's have some more nominations and why they should not be forgotten anymore and keep up on the humor...in today's times we need it.

Edited by Mmehdy

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Bump... 

Just for the entertainment value alone on this cold and rainy long island evening. 

:pullhair:

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Is that how things work?  I wonder what kind of 10 year old threads I can bump...

Well this was from the end of February... but now that you mention it, I do wonder what kind of ten year old threads you can bump.  

Go take a look and let us know. 

On 2/17/2021 at 12:44 PM, thehumantorch said:
On 2/17/2021 at 12:41 PM, Park said:

I think that was Muscleshark yeah?

Who was another long time comic book dealer...

muscleshark, absolute creep

Oh Yeah. A real piece.

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Title says hall of fame.. Not shame.:baiting:

dang

21 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Is that how things work?  I wonder what kind of 10 year old threads I can bump...

"Ask Greggy" used to be popular.

Perhaps a new, more contemporary version could be started; "That's What Greggy Said".