Nominating Top City Comics
14 14

881 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Adrian has sent me unsolicited offers for books that I had listed on eBay and they wound up being some great sales where I was able to bypass Feebay. You make it sound kind of salacious that you were “unsolicited”. I wasn’t the offended party but just my 2 cents that he has always been a stand up guy with me and I hope if I ever seriously drop the ball on these boards that I’ll be granted some clemency somewhere down the road. 

The reason I stated unsolicited was because the offer was from Adrian, not me making him an offer, in light of all that has transpired here. I wanted to make that clear.

And FTR I have done business with Adrian before on several occasions. It's not personal, it's business. 

Edited by G G ® ™
ytpo
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Adrian has sent me unsolicited offers for books that I had listed on eBay and they wound up being some great sales where I was able to bypass Feebay. You make it sound kind of salacious that you were “unsolicited”. I wasn’t the offended party but just my 2 cents that he has always been a stand up guy with me and I hope if I ever seriously drop the ball on these boards that I’ll be granted some clemency somewhere down the road. 

I agree with this. I don't see any reason to bag him for offering a good deal. 

Mistakes were made. He's trying to rectify it. Assuming everyone is made whole, I wouldn't have an issue doing business with him.  

I understand why others would. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KCOComics said:

I agree with this. I don't see any reason to bag him for offering a good deal. 

Mistakes were made. He's trying to rectify it. Assuming everyone is made whole, I wouldn't have an issue doing business with him.  

I understand why others would. 

See my post above. I wasn't bagging him I assure you. I try and remain even handed in these matters unless a perpetrator makes it impossible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

Come on man...

You think I'm gonna put phone books in the box or something???

I forgot Tim's book, that's it...not on purpose...but from having way too much on my plate at the time.  I then tried to fix it in numerous ways once he alerted me.  I obviously would've "forgotten" the $2k book instead of the $700 book if that was my goal, right?  Or maybe just not sent a package at all?

I'm not a scammer, and even @G G ® ™ (who you were quoting) stated above that he knew I wasn't, so why spin it that way?

I don't.  I was asking if that is why HE was uncomfortable buying a book from you on eBay.

If I bought a book from you and did not have it within the allotted time frame I would just open a case as soon as the eBay system would let me.   (shrug)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't.  I was asking if that is why HE was uncomfortable buying a book from you on eBay.

If I bought a book from you and did not have it within the allotted time frame I would just open a case as soon as the eBay system would let me.   (shrug)

 

Fair enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gunsmokin said:

Adrian has sent me unsolicited offers for books that I had listed on eBay and they wound up being some great sales where I was able to bypass Feebay.

I believe that's against their terms and conditions. None of my business, it just seemed like an odd thing to bring up during a discussion of ethical behavior. (shrug)

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

The check arrived today.

There was a debacle as the villainous Two-Face leaped on the scene in attempts to use the check in his evil scheme.

Fortunately, like any 38 page thread should be, this is a DC/ Marvel cross over. Thing thwarted all wrong doing, and ripped the check in half as if it was made of paper.

check2.jpg

xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ttfitz said:

I believe that's against their terms and conditions. None of my business, it just seemed like an odd thing to bring up during a discussion of ethical behavior. (shrug)

Personally, if you're able to find a person or business based on their eBay store front and reach out to them outside of eBay, I believe that should be okay.  Contacting a person through eBay PM's in order to request to conduct business outside of eBay is against the T&C's.  I remember a previous discussion and there were a number of people who felt eBay deserved a cut no matter what because only through them were buyer/seller able to find each other.  Others argued that eBay was an evil corporation and there was nothing wrong with messaging outside the platform to initiate sales.  To each their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

ripped the check in half as if it was made of paper.

Like an animal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I assume you are joking. Cuz If an E check won’t clear a paper check from the same account ain’t gonna clear either.

yeah good point. I just meant in case some other error with the E check occurs. Obvs if it doesn't clear due to lack of funds then Polonsky will be a sad boy no matter what.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my 2cents , the last 2 times I sent money to someone in Canada via PayPal, it sat "pending" for well over a week if not 2. But.....I can't remember if it was from my bank account or PayPal balance. So maybe my 2cents isn't worth 1 cent.

Ohhhhh,well

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
14 14