• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major Price Increase?

26 posts in this topic

It went from $50 to $75 ($45 to $67.50 if you have the Premium discount). I can only assume it's because of market demand, but yeah, the price jump across all the tiers kind of stuck out to me too. 

Sadly it changed right before my first submission :(

• Administrator
On 2/20/2021 at 3:50 PM, Matt Macaluso said:

Walkthrough on Pokemon looks like it went from $45 to $75? They are just going to almost double the prices out of nowhere like that? I signed up and paid for a membership based on the prices that were posted.

-Matt

You can submit a $250,000 card to us for $75 (less actually, depending on your membership discount.)

The same card at one of the other major companies that I will not name would be $5,000. Our prices are still by far the most affordable in the industry.

Paul

I mean, CGC has been grading trading cards for what, a year now? A CGC-graded Pokémon card has already tied for the highest price in auction within that time window, and the increase in price shortly followed that. The price increase may be a bit disappointing, but I think it's at least fair, especially for what you get (better turnaround times, overall lower price, optional subgrades,...).

On 2/22/2021 at 7:00 AM, PaulS. said:

You can submit a $250,000 card to us for $75 (less actually, depending on your membership discount.)

The same card at one of the other major companies that I will not name would be $5,000. Our prices are still by far the most affordable in the industry.

Paul

We are signing up for a membership... We should be locked into the rates we committed to for some period; next renewal date maybe? The other issue is you did not email everyone about this increase. Apparently a know issue that you guys knew about.

-Matt

10 minutes ago, Matt Macaluso said:

We are signing up for a membership... We should be locked into the rates we committed to for some period; next renewal date maybe? The other issue is you did not email everyone about this increase. Apparently a know issue that you guys knew about.

-Matt

It was announced on their website and emails went out, I know I received one and seemingly everyone else here discussing it when it was first announced.

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

If I wanted PSA I would of went to PSA.

You nitpicked the 250k example. I can't tell if you're just really obtuse, a troll, or you just complain about everything. The problem with how you are going about your 'critiques' is that they aren't serious. CGC is obviously an extremely better value for faster turnaround times, it really erodes your ability to complain about anything when you go at it. You become unserious and easily dismissed. Your reputation lags, so now when you go complain about TaT extending, you're not taken seriously there, either. 

2 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

You nitpicked the 250k example. I can't tell if you're just really obtuse, a troll, or you just complain about everything. The problem with how you are going about your 'critiques' is that they aren't serious. CGC is obviously an extremely better value for faster turnaround times, it really erodes your ability to complain about anything when you go at it. You become unserious and easily dismissed. Your reputation lags, so now when you go complain about TaT extending, you're not taken seriously there, either. 

I was just saying that most people who use high service levels aren't trying to cap the amount being used or even come close to that cap. And in general when a company operates where they don't play catch up this far behind it really makes me wonder where my future business will go. If many other businesses kept our money and products from December and lied to us there would be many repercussions.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

• Administrator

We did not lie to anyone. We clearly state on the turnaround times page that they are only our best estimates. There has been a simply crazy increase in volume the last few weeks. There is only so much we can do. We already spent millions of dollars on a new facility as well as hired over 70 people since January, but we need to continue to ramp up production. This process will take time. We have also increased overtime incentives to try to push through the backlog.

It is certainly not a lack of effort from the team causing the backlog to increase. Please be patient is all I can say. We are doing and will continue to do our best without sacrificing quality.

Paul

20 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

We did not lie to anyone. We clearly state on the turnaround times page that they are only our best estimates. There has been a simply crazy increase in volume the last few weeks. There is only so much we can do. We already spent millions of dollars on a new facility as well as hired over 70 people since January, but we need to continue to ramp up production. This process will take time. We have also increased overtime incentives to try to push through the backlog.

It is certainly not a lack of effort from the team causing the backlog to increase. Please be patient is all I can say. We are doing and will continue to do our best without sacrificing quality.

Paul

Thank you guys for your continued work throughout these crazy times. I hope you all enjoy your weekend. 

47 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

Paul

We jus wonder if some more attention can be given to orders from December. Thats a long time to be waiting for cards to even switch to grading. We just ask for something to be done, still being in early December is feeling yall said freeze economy and bulk and just worry on wt ex and then standards only

1 hour ago, Sp33dy said:

We jus wonder if some more attention can be given to orders from December. Thats a long time to be waiting for cards to even switch to grading. We just ask for something to be done, still being in early December is feeling yall said freeze economy and bulk and just worry on wt ex and then standards only

You are just not made for bulk, my dude. You are built differently. Next time you do the order form, look for 'standard'. It'll move you along a lot faster. It costs a little more, but you'll know that you are paying to get the cards back faster.

5 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

You are just not made for bulk, my dude. You are built differently. Next time you do the order form, look for 'standard'. It'll move you along a lot faster. It costs a little more, but you'll know that you are paying to get the cards back faster.

Again doesnt matter the service, if ur making tiers than make sure u are keeping all ur customers happy not jus a group. Cgc wanted the business and we gave it to them, now we are at their mercy whenever they feel bulk should move again. I don't get how alot of u guys are happy to say ill jus throw more money maybe they will be happy and do the service they promised 

Just now, Sp33dy said:

Again doesnt matter the service, if ur making tiers than make sure u are keeping all ur customers happy not jus a group. Cgc wanted the business and we gave it to them, now we are at their mercy whenever they feel bulk should move again. I don't get how alot of u guys are happy to say ill jus throw more money maybe they will be happy and do the service they promised 

They got more cards than they expected and had to increase TaT. Higher tiers get priority. If you do not like the risk that comes with the lowest priority, I suggest you look at a higher tier for your next submission, since the TaT seems to be of higher marginal utility to you than cost. 

1 hour ago, Sp33dy said:

for comics once things get updated they move quickly through the system...so it goes wait wait wait wow. scheduled for grading, grading, QC, shipped, bam. or maybe QC back to grading on occasion. For comics they eliminated the received status last year IIRC so we feel your pain. More info is better but resources are best spent at the grading end rather than editing all those submissions constantly.

19 minutes ago, Bird said:

for comics once things get updated they move quickly through the system...so it goes wait wait wait wow. scheduled for grading, grading, QC, shipped, bam. or maybe QC back to grading on occasion. For comics they eliminated the received status last year IIRC so we feel your pain. More info is better but resources are best spent at the grading end rather than editing all those submissions constantly.

Thats not true, I had a economy order from November take almost a month on scheduled for grading 

At this point Sp33dy you are just trolling. I have a economy order with sub grades, that was received on 12/07, that just got scheduled for grading. You need to relax. Maybe you can start an competing company that can get product in and out faster with cheaper prices, you know, if you can find graders, and have the money to pay them and for the space that you are going to need to process all the new orders! Let’s us know how it goes.