• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

You speak the truth.  It was a truly crazy time. 

I still have sleeves and sleeves of drkky Upper Deck and not so bad O Pee Chee.

I heard my first og Marvel cards are picking up steam though.

(I worked at a shop in middle school)

1 hour ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Yeah sadly the $8 bulk / $15 for economy was just too good to be true. I ended up paying to have my stuff cut the line and got stuff being sent back to me already when paying the extra $12 per card + 15 service fee. It sucks, but it just is what it is. The free money off midrange cards is just gone. I was lucky to get my 12/7 bulk/economy return of mostly vivid voltage stuff last week. I have a 12/30 bulk + economy order that i expect back 2 months from now since anything from december Id expect to be done soon. Everything that was january-on I paid and had it bumped up. Everything got magically worked on when I paid the extra money. Kinda sketchy in a way but im just trying to get my stuff pulled out and move on.

Just a live and learn type of experience. CGC for real should kill the bulk and economy service if they arent really bothering with it. Its become a waste of time to grade any modern stuff since too many people are doing it. It makes sense why the tier is now unusable, but CGC should officially kill it since its not a useable service. I hope nobody is actually submitting bulk right now thinking they will get it back in any reasonable time frame lol since with PSA doing what they did, there is just no way that they can handle the 100s of stacks of shining fates that are able to destroy their post boxes.

when i inquired about doing this, customer service said my order would be bumped to the back of the line of whatever tier i chose... did you run into this issue?

Just now, porcupine48 said:

I still have sleeves and sleeves of drkky Upper Deck and not so bad O Pee Chee.

I heard my first og Marvel cards are picking up steam though.

(I worked at a shop in middle school)

I still have so many cards. With all of this craziness I have really considered dumping them all.. 

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I still have so many cards. With all of this craziness I have really considered dumping them all.. 

After holding them for thirty five plus years I don't think I'm ready lol I seriously have superbad ....but what ifs......about letting stuff go.

Not hoarders bad,but seeing a comic,toy or book or cards leave even feels me with angst!

Also makes me wonder-how many folk were like us and kept em or how many just dump dump dumped that era stuff in trash or goodwill.A few years back you couldn't walk in a Canadian Value Village and not see bags and bags and bags of eighties/nineties hockey or baseball cards.Score,Upper Deck,whatever.

I did buy a set of the mid 90's McDonalds cards I saw in binders as nostalgia(my gramps loved em) but usually was like ughhhhhh carpcards! Guess with the hype that doesn't happen anymore.

7 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have a incomplete set of the first Marvel series and 4, count it 4, complete sets of the second series 

Both minus the holograms, never got those cards

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

After holding them for thirty five plus years I don't think I'm ready lol I seriously have superbad ....but what ifs......about letting stuff go.

Not hoarders bad,but seeing a comic,toy or book or cards leave even feels me with angst!

Also makes me wonder-how many folk were like us and kept em or how many just dump dump dumped that era stuff in trash or goodwill.A few years back you couldn't walk in a Canadian Value Village and not see bags and bags and bags of eighties/nineties hockey or baseball cards.Score,Upper Deck,whatever.

I did buy a set of the mid 90's McDonalds cards I saw in binders as nostalgia(my gramps loved em) but usually was like ughhhhhh carpcards! Guess with the hype that doesn't happen anymore.

I completely understand and agree.. Years ago I had put together most of the Marvel sets and every DC set ever made. I then started branching into promos and uncut sheets. Most of the other non sports I acquired as they came out. (Wacky Packs, GPK, MTG, etc) and that doesn't even begin to touch on the sports cards in my collection.  it had gotten to the point that even storage became an issue. ( have two spare rooms that were both full almost floor to ceiling. ) so I started selling some of my duplicates, and extras.  I still have so many that I just can not bring myself to let go. 

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Wonder how long this one will last before it gets a gem like this.. 20210331_141242.jpg.d9e2d3f678e4b78e70fbf50696c54711.jpg

It's hard to say, but just when I saw some graded Yo MTV Raps showing up at high prices PSA pauses....damn!😂

34 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

When it gets crazy like that I just take a page from a fellow boardie. Jimmers if your watching..  @porcupine48VTpAiZX.gif.e36fe24671729aedefd0fea62739ca9f.gif

And really,if you've never tried it,going into a fistfight nekkid gives you a strong advantage.Really freaks folk out,especially if you scream and punch your own junque.

True story.

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I'm just here for the pernts

:makepoint: That's what ended the first incarnation.  We can talk about scores after the fact. 

And really,if you've never tried it,going into a fistfight nekkid gives you a strong advantage.Really freaks folk out,especially if you scream and punch your own junque.

True story.

Yes, but you must train for that.. BaggyHardtofindAmericanblackvulture-max-1mb.gif.9a79c274b273663a24232da4eac814cb.gif

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I completely understand and agree.. Years ago I had put together most of the Marvel sets and every DC set ever made. I then started branching into promos and uncut sheets. Most of the other non sports I acquired as they came out. (Wacky Packs, GPK, MTG, etc) and that doesn't even begin to touch on the sports cards in my collection.  it had gotten to the point that even storage became an issue. ( have two spare rooms that were both full almost floor to ceiling. ) so I started selling some of my duplicates, and extras.  I still have so many that I just can not bring myself to let go. 

I forgot about Wacky Packs and GPK.Those are on comic love level here,there's a few shoeboxes of complete sets hanging around.Even have some fridge magnets and a tee shirt.

Those I don't even think of as cards! I keep my old punk band stickers,pins and oddballsticker stuff with those in a steamer.I'd like to add some Madballs but they are hella pricey

I forgot about Wacky Packs and GPK.Those are on comic love level here,there's a few shoeboxes of complete sets hanging around.Even have some fridge magnets and a tee shirt.

Those I don't even think of as cards! I keep my old punk band stickers,pins and oddballsticker stuff with those in a steamer.I'd like to add some Madballs but they are hella pricey

My mom tore all those up in a fit of rage.

Trying to remember if they were torn up because of a fistfight my brother and I got into or because we staged a murder scene in the house and pretended to be murdered during a robbery while she was at work.  

One or the other...whatever...

Good times. 

Just now, porcupine48 said:

So much of this stuff has all become pricey now. Glad I got a lot of it when I did.. Definitely all of it had it's time. Yeah it is a throw back to see the Wacky Packs and GPK... 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I have a incomplete set of the first Marvel series and 4, count it 4, complete sets of the second series 

Both minus the holograms, never got those cards

You could hold the packs side by side and feel the extra card width with your finger.

Sadly,most of those I DID trade into the local pcp/acid dealer.They got scratched really easy anyway,even in top loaders.

53 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

PSA I'm pretty sure acquired two. They have a lot of other business than pokemon but still. Takes a while to furnish and hire for it to be operational. They may be looking at a wave they aren't prepared to handle even if Job site 2 was already running. Maybe I'm too conservative but I'd think they'd preemptively limit them, like yesterday before everyone sends what was going to PSA to them and mess hits the fan. Then once building two is up and running start taking on more and more as production allows. Easier to prevent than to deal with the fallout.

PGX just bought a house with a TWO CAR garage !