• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgc should stop receiving cards
1 1

166 posts in this topic

I feel like they could get away with only accepting cards from vintage sets. This would probably drastically reduce their intake without killing it altogether. It also keeps the people that are most likely going to continue submitting to CGC in the future happy - this whole "open new packs of cards and grade everything shiny" trend has to stop, it's not sustainable for anyone.

6 minutes ago, drstrangelove86 said:

I feel like they could get away with only accepting cards from vintage sets. This would probably drastically reduce their intake without killing it altogether. It also keeps the people that are most likely going to continue submitting to CGC in the future happy - this whole "open new packs of cards and grade everything shiny" trend has to stop, it's not sustainable for anyone.

200.gif.ce38c7497b10f46671e721801944b78c.gif

Submission Lottery would be my idea.

Every X weeks or month(s), people will sign up with how many submissions they would like to do.

Computer does a lottery and sends out confirmation to all people who signed up. Placement is locked when payment is made within 24-48hrs to lock in their spots.

It won't be a problem to pay upfront because it'll be controlled how many can come in, thus wait times can be more predictable.

17 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Submission Lottery would be my idea.

Every X weeks or month(s), people will sign up with how many submissions they would like to do.

Computer does a lottery and sends out confirmation to all people who signed up. Placement is locked when payment is made within 24-48hrs to lock in their spots.

It won't be a problem to pay upfront because it'll be controlled how many can come in, thus wait times can be more predictable.

AnyNaughtyBullfrog-size_restricted.gif.deb1b149eec643fa3f2d799ff2d48d63.gif

1 hour ago, drstrangelove86 said:

I wish. Right now the people causing the biggest delay are the flippers, the people trying to catch the trend. The ones that don't give a damn about the cards themselves, they only care about the grade and what cash value it means for them. Half of the people submitting likely don't even have any personal graded cards they are keeping, all of them are going on ebay the moment they get their hot little hands on them. I would totally be OK with CGC grading only cards that are currently not printed.

15 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

I love how the old timers on the forum take nothing too seriously and communicate 90% through gifs lmao 

Some things are worth the time and garner a well thought out reply. The rest... 641761334_tenor(22).gif.19f3d259fcf37dc953379994c2d39d3b.gif

43 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

I love how the old timers on the forum take nothing too seriously and communicate 90% through gifs lmao 

Lol, used to be called post padding on other forums I've been on. I'm here for the actual conversation though, and find an overabundance of gifs pretty distracting when reading through the posts. So to keep it less interrupted I used my superpowers and wrote a few lines of code and simply got rid of the gifs from my screen. To each his own. :)

Troll1.jpg

1 minute ago, LuckyMouse said:

Lol, used to be called post padding on other forums I've been on. I'm here for the actual conversation though, and find an overabundance of gifs pretty distracting when reading through the posts. So to keep it less interrupted I used my superpowers and wrote a few lines of code and simply got rid of the gifs from my screen. To each his own. :)

Troll1.jpg

There is also an ignore feature.  (thumbsu

Just now, LuckyMouse said:

Nah, I don't want to ignore you or anyone else who has something to say, in writing anyways, lol.

Understand. There is a lot of good information here on the boards. When there isn't an overabundance of these threads crying about TAT or people thinking they know how a company should run their business.  

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Understand. There is a lot of good information here on the boards. When there isn't an overabundance of these threads crying about TAT or people thinking they know how a company should run their business.  

It's a relatively new forum, and a TAT pandemic to deal with, which is why most of us showed up in the first place. Too many threads are repetitive, I agree. In a few months I hope it settles down some, I'd like to be talking cards more as well.

2 minutes ago, LuckyMouse said:

It's a relatively new forum, and a TAT pandemic to deal with, which is why most of us showed up in the first place. Too many threads are repetitive, I agree. In a few months I hope it settles down some, I'd like to be talking cards more as well.

I too hope it settles down. I have been on many different card talk forums for a long time besides just CGC. This originally was just comics. Now that it combined I had high hopes.  So far they have been dashed , which is why some of the nonsensical gifs (although they are a response to the Bullmess being posted. ) 

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I too hope it settles down. I have been on many different card talk forums for a long time besides just CGC. This originally was just comics. Now that it combined I had high hopes.  So far they have been dashed , which is why some of the nonsensical gifs (although they are a response to the Bullmess being posted. ) 

Give us a chance, we're going through some growing pains. I see some good potential here. :)

5 minutes ago, LuckyMouse said:

Give us a chance, we're going through some growing pains. I see some good potential here. :)

I hope you guys build a great community here, there's so much potential and clearly many passionate collectors.  There are many threads on the comics area of the boards that could and should be replicated on the cards area of the boards.  Threads that I like to think of as 'utility' threads, threads that help and inform and will stand up for many years.

Threads like people to avoid on ebay

or a thread devoted to showing off your comic/card room

13 minutes ago, LuckyMouse said:

Always interested in more knowledge and i do see some potential in several of the card threads, but it is still so full of jackwagon mess that needs to shape up or ship out. We will see and look forward to good conversation and contributions.  BTW.. welcome to the boards. 

28 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

An official turn around times thread has been started.  I will have it pinned sometime next week.

Just now, comicdonna said:

An official turn around times thread has been started.  I will have it pinned sometime next week.

Thank you. Definitely needs one place to push a lot of this all into. I greatly appreciate it. :foryou: