• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay comic categories not working...
9 9

191 posts in this topic

Just now, FlyingDonut said:

Yes, but that's not what his problem is. He now has to look across the entire comic universe. Not just the small section he wants to.

Yes. BIN (which is generally what I watch) or auction, doesn't matter. I cannot effectively filter out 1,000's (if not tens of 1,000's) of comics I don't care about anymore. Anything of interest is now lost in a sea of junk. 

19 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I just searched on eBay, "Batman Adventures 12,"  I got the same results as I normally do. (shrug)

Not everyone is searching for Batman Adventures 12.  Try finding GA Captain America.  After I search for Captain America I get 336,600 results.  There's a number of search by category tabs including GA.  When I click on GA tab I get 342,681 results including all comic eras, toys, statues and all the rest.  It's broken and it reduces functionality of the site and makes it much more difficult to search for what most of us want. 

\I'm done with ebay.

Ugh - what a disaster.  I went to list up 20 books at lunch and it wouldn't let me put my raw books in a certain category and defaulted to putting everything in the basic comic category.  My couple slabs did allow me to set my category a bit more specific but even that is hit or miss.  I always check out the completed books at lunch for Copper and Bronze books and it wouldn't let me do that today (been doing it for years).  I only posted up a handful of books since I'm thinking I'll have to redo todays postings when they get this all sorted out.  Quit messing around E-Bay!

Edited by 1Cool

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Not everyone is searching for Batman Adventures 12.  Try finding GA Captain America.  After I search for Captain America I get 336,600 results.  There's a number of search by category tabs including GA.  When I click on GA tab I get 342,681 results including all comic eras, toys, statues and all the rest.  It's broken and it reduces functionality of the site and makes it much more difficult to search for what most of us want. 

\I'm done with ebay.

Hmmm, well what about searching Captain America and just add Price over a certain amount like $100?

Thats what I have done for the past 10 years.

4 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Why the people there now aren't making the correct decisions apparently now right?

I want auctions not garbage trash BINS that clog up the site. 

Auctions suck - get rid of them to stop clogging up the BINs :) 

I'm not a frequent buyer on eBay but watch a lot of auctions to get a sense of price and check completed listings etc... This is an absolute cluster. O.o

16 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

You don't have that option. You must list a condition. These are the only options:

These are the only options:

• Brand new: The book is new, unread, and unused in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller's listing for full details.
  • Like new: The book looks new but has been read. The cover has no visible wear, and the dust jacket (if applicable) is included for hard covers. It has no missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins. It may have very minimal identifying marks on the inside cover as well as very minimal wear and tear. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Very good: The book does not look new and has been read but is in excellent condition. There is no obvious damage to the cover the dust jacket (if applicable) is included for hard covers. There are no missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins. It may have very minimal identifying marks on the inside cover as well as very minimal wear and tear. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Good: The book has been read but is in good condition. It has very minimal damage to the cover, including scuff marks, but no holes or tears. The dust jacket for hard covers may not be included. The binding has minimal wear. The majority of pages are undamaged with minimal creasing or tearing, minimal pencil underlining of text, no highlighting of text, and no writing in the margins. There are no missing pages. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Acceptable: The book has obvious wear. It may have some damage to the cover, but its integrity is intact. The binding may be slightly damaged, but its integrity is still intact. There may be possible writing in the margins and underlining and highlighting of text, but there are no missing pages or anything that would compromise the legibility or understanding of the text. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.

My question remains. What condition are you listing your comics in?

Calling them now to get the 4 11

5 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Hmmm, well what about searching Captain America and just add Price over a certain amount like $100?

This method gets over 11,000 hits. Of that, a great deal are not comic books.

1 minute ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I tried searching and sorting highest to lowest and I tried putting in a price range.  That helps but I still get posters, high grade moderns, all types of items I'm not interested in.  They've greatly reduced the functionality of the site.  Perhaps they figure I'm more likely to buy all kinds of garbage if I have to scroll through it to find what I want.  I have to think that searching for precode horror like October is doing is much worse.

1 minute ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Calling them now to get the 4 11

I can't get anyone at customer service to pick up - called a couple times to get a couple wack jobs feedback erased and it keeps saying their offices are closed.  What number do you call?

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I can't get anyone at customer service to pick up - called a couple times to get a couple wack jobs feedback erased and it keeps saying their offices are closed.  What number do you call?

Honestly because of my sales volume per year I get a account manager concierge from eBay now.  I click a button and they call me within 2 minutes on my cell.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder