• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of GA dealers online...
14 14

531 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2019 at 1:41 PM, Marty Mann said:

Any dealers on this thread that will be showing at the BIG APPLE CON in March?

Marty

I’ll be heading there on Saturday next week myself. Metropolis, SuperWorld, Anthony’s Comic Art and I’m sure a few others will be there.

11 hours ago, mustang33guy said:

I’ll be heading there on Saturday next week myself. Metropolis, SuperWorld, Anthony’s Comic Art and I’m sure a few others will be there.

I'll try to stop by and say hello!

Marty

On 4/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, Marty Mann said:

Never made it...things happen...maybe next year.

Marty

I missed it, too.  Hope to see you next year or at NYCC in October if you plan on going.

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I missed it, too.  Hope to see you next year or at NYCC in October if you plan on going.

Maybe October...I'll let you know.

Marty

Anyone heard from Joe Nacca lately?  I've sent him three e-mails over the last month with no response. I've done business with him a few times, and he has been prompt and easy to work with in the past. 

1 hour ago, khoo75 said:

Anyone heard from Joe Nacca lately?  I've sent him three e-mails over the last month with no response. I've done business with him a few times, and he has been prompt and easy to work with in the past. 

I talked to him in February. He said he had been having trouble getting on top of his inventory and it coincided with his other jobs busy season. He told me he would be more available at the end of April so I would say try again soon. Hope that helps!

Edited by mustang33guy

8 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

I talked to him in February. He said he had been having trouble getting on top of his inventory and it coincided with his other jobs busy season. He told me he would be more available at the end of April so I would say try again soon. Hope that helps!

Thank you.  Glad to hear he is ok.  

19 hours ago, mustang33guy said:

Does he have a website?

On 5/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, khoo75 said:

In addition to sending him like 3 requests over the last 3 months that went unanswered, I asked him a couple days ago if he was ok.  He responded saying he got busy because of Tax season, he’s a CPA, but he’ll be back to regular hours now that it’s all wound down.  He didn’t send the scans but implied he’ll get to it soon.

Just bought a few books from goldenagecomics.com , which I wasn't even sure was a working website that was still being run (it really needs work, but then again as a web developer I can say that about most sites) but was mailed back about some issues and we worked out a deal. Very nice stuff for sale, though extremely annoying to search for on the site :)

5 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Just bought a few books from goldenagecomics.com , which I wasn't even sure was a working website that was still being run (it really needs work, but then again as a web developer I can say that about most sites) but was mailed back about some issues and we worked out a deal. Very nice stuff for sale, though extremely annoying to search for on the site :)

That's Joe Nacca's site.  He is a CPA and a one-person show for his comic's business.  I am pretty sure he maintains the site himself.  Extensive inventory but count always count on the site being up to date.   I have several books through Joe.

3 hours ago, telerites said:

That's Joe Nacca's site.  He is a CPA and a one-person show for his comic's business.  I am pretty sure he maintains the site himself.  Extensive inventory but count always count on the site being up to date.   I have several books through Joe.

Agreed - very good inventory, though funny enough the comics I inquired about were out of date price wise but we resolved that out very easily/quickly -  so i'm looking forward to scouring his site some more for future purchases (will still maintain that the site needs a major revamp)

21 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

I used to be a buyer from Joe but I stopped getting substantial replies about a year ago; I'm surprised you were able to buy from him. I either don't hear back or I get a brief reply that he will get back to me some other time. He always seems to be busy and overwhelmed.

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

I used to be a buyer from Joe but I stopped getting substantial replies about a year ago; I'm surprised you were able to buy from him. I either don't hear back or I get a brief reply that he will get back to me some other time. He always seems to be busy and overwhelmed.

Second that. I’ve bought many great books from Joe over the years, but his process is daunting. If a book is over $100.00 he won’t just sell you the book if you tell him you don’t need scans. That’s if you can reach him as others have said haha. He recently changed the way the site functions even though the layout is the same the search functions sort stuff in semi alphabetical order but somewhat jumbled. It takes an already tedious system and adds an extra element of frustration. It’s a shame because I’m sure there are some nice gems in that large haystack.

On 11/22/2005 at 1:15 PM, Norinn Radd said:

I thought it might be handy to have a complete list of dealers who sell GA comics online.

Here's the list I came up with when I was searching for an All Star #57...

www.jimpayettecomics.com

www.superworldcomics.com

www.metropoliscomics.com

www.dougsulipacomics.com

www.highgradecomics.com

www.blbcomics.com

www.terryscomics.com

www.goldenagecomics.com

www.fourcolorcomics.com

www.bedrockcity.com

www.jhcomics.com

www.redbeardsbookden.com/comic.phtml

www.harleyyeecomics.com

www.mycomicshop.com [Lone Star Comics]

Any others? popcorn.gif

[Disclaimer: Several of these dealers have a bad reputation for poor customer service, overgrading, or both. Do a search of this forum for more info.]