• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,445 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2017 at 3:41 PM, PopKulture said:

Tough little book, and I do mean little.  It's digest-sized from 1944:

45855672.19d0c24f.1024.jpg

A companion book...

topscomics1944.jpg

Wow, the powers of the auto-correct function on the boards are truly bedazzling. For the translation of

insufficiently_thoughtful_person”

see the red stripe of text between Ace Kelly and Dinky Dinkerton a couple posts above.

5 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

“Plus more than a hundred little insufficiently_thoughtful_person jokes”

A real barrel of monkeys and knee-slappers, no doubt!

I have been on the hunt for all of the Dum Dum the Clown appearances. His antics slay me. This is the grail of Dum Dum collectors like me.

10 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
10 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

I have been on the hunt for all of the Dum Dum the Clown appearances. His antics slay me. This is the grail of Dum Dum collectors like me.

Yep, his subtle wit was under-appreciated. 

Wow, the powers of the auto-correct function on the boards are truly bedazzling. For the translation of

see the red stripe of text between Ace Kelly and Dinky Dinkerton a couple posts above.

On the old boards, I think you could see the censored word when you quoted it.  When they made the transition, for a while the censored word just disappeared.  Now it looks like we're back to insufficiently_thoughtful_person. 

10 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

13 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Yep, his subtle wit was under-appreciated. 

:roflmao:

But seriously, behind his mask of boisterous carnie hijinks, Dum Dum the Man was a sensitive soul with a fondness for the work of Wittgenstein and Echo & The Bunnymen. I only see Dum Dum appearances skyrocketing in price in the days to come. 

11 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Be careful PMing people or talking about the Okajima pedigree or you'll soon find yourself talking about Oklahoma peds...