Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
40 40

43,641 posts in this topic

1,936 posts
On 12/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

This is one of my best comic days ever because something I have been wanting for two years actually happened today. I have wanted this Fight Comics 35 Lily Renee Senorita Rio 10 page story original art for a while and it finally came together thanks to a kind boardie friend. I love all the doodles she did around the perimeter and on the bottom on several pages. 

 

IMG_8214.JPG

 

That's really awesome! :luhv:

Must be some interesting back-story to how you landed these great pages.... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 posts
Spoiler

This is one of my best comic days ever because something I have been wanting for two years actually happened today. I have wanted this Fight Comics 35 Lily Renee Senorita Rio 10 page story original art for a while and it finally came together thanks to a kind boardie friend. I love all the doodles she did around the perimeter and on the bottom on several pages. 

 

IMG_8214.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

IMG_8217.JPG

IMG_8218.JPG

IMG_8219.JPG

IMG_8220.JPG

IMG_8221.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

IMG_8223.JPG

Incredible stuff, I love the ink marks and sketches along the edges, would make a great artist edition. Thanks for sharing. :) 

Edited by 10cents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,506 posts

You see this cover a lot on eBay, with various mid-50's books as interiors, as the leftover covers were used up at some point in that timeframe. But this is the actual issue from 1945 with Green Turtle, Black Buccaneer, Jun-Gal and co. -- a Gerber 8 and probably the toughest component of this little run.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,096 posts
59 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Catching up here; finally freed some device storage. The scrawl on the Man #1 is Alan Bellman's sig. I'm not usually an autograph guy but I made an exception for a tough book and a Timely bullpen original.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Love those Looney Tunes. Those early issues just don’t show up that often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,506 posts
8 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Love those Looney Tunes. Those early issues just don’t show up that often. 

Thank you; they really don't! I traded some original edition, early number classics for them. The dealer/collector I traded with also has an 11 and 15, though the 11 is not quite as nice as the other three, but very close. I will be heading back with more firepower for the others.

These copies have some interesting notation inside from the original owner; I will create a separate thread with the insides to see whether anyone else has books from this person. My photos may not do them justice; they are remarkably well-preserved for a little girl's books from 1942.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,096 posts
49 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you; they really don't! I traded some original edition, early number classics for them. The dealer/collector I traded with also has an 11 and 15, though the 11 is not quite as nice as the other three, but very close. I will be heading back with more firepower for the others.

These copies have some interesting notation inside from the original owner; I will create a separate thread with the insides to see whether anyone else has books from this person. My photos may not do them justice; they are remarkably well-preserved for a little girl's books from 1942.

Definitely would love to see the insides.  I have a #1 and have debated trying to pick up the 1st ten issues but they are tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,506 posts
7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Definitely would love to see the insides.  I have a #1 and have debated trying to pick up the 1st ten issues but they are tough

Just posted -- see "The Other Larson Collection" -- curious if others have her books, as they have her obvious initialing and signing and addressing in the same spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,286 posts
12 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Catching up here; finally freed some device storage. The scrawl on the Man #1 is Alan Bellman's sig. I'm not usually an autograph guy but I made an exception for a tough book and a Timely bullpen original.

 

 

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:headbang: Nice pick ups! (...and, there is a Looney Tunes Thread you know :baiting: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,506 posts
9 minutes ago, sagii said:

:headbang: Nice pick ups! (...and, there is a Looney Tunes Thread you know :baiting: )

Thx Sagii! I just didn't want to get blasted for plastering them everywhere, but since I'm invited....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,714 posts
13 hours ago, Readcomix said:

image.jpeg

:cloud9:

I've been in love with this cover since I first laid eyes on it.

Nice pick up Gene!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,506 posts
8 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

:cloud9:

I've been in love with this cover since I first laid eyes on it.

Nice pick up Gene!

Thx JF! Me too; I've been on the watch for it, but they don't come up all that often. (Though Rick has a 7.0 in his current thread)

When this one popped as a new listing BIN on eBay I grabbed it fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,757 posts

I like many of the Doc Savage covers and I like Burns and Allen.  On the same cover, though?  Not so much. 

(Anybody else having trouble with PB's cropping function?  Assuming anyone is left who still uses PB!)

2018-12-20-0001 5.15.29 PM.jpg

Edited by Sqeggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,001 posts

Very pretty Tony. I have very few Doc Savage comics. Always liked the Shadow ones better. I do have some of his premiums and a few pulps. This is one of my favorite ones.

pulpdocsavagemarch1938.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
40 40