• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I wish this were a better copy, but I'm totally :banana: to own this one in any shape.
Thanks to the good folks at Superworld!

16ae5o7.jpg

:headbang:

3 hours ago, GoldenPRGuy said:

Great copy in any grade. Congrats!

Thanks a lot guys. (thumbsu

I've been trying for the wartime Zips for the last year or two, but couldn't resist this one when it came up and I just love it. So crazy that Archie (Archie!) got his start in this dark, violent title.

I used to have beater copies of Pep #27 and #29, but sold them off (too cheap!) and was never able to replace them. I'd love to nab a couple more of these early ones.

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

I wish this were a better copy, but I'm totally :banana: to own this one in any shape.

16ae5o7.jpg

:golfclap:marquee book in ANY grade , congrats! 

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Thanks a lot guys. (thumbsu

I've been trying for the wartime Zips for the last year or two, but couldn't resist this one when it came up and I just love it. So crazy that Archie (Archie!) got his start in this dark, violent title.

I used to have beater copies of Pep #27 and #29, but sold them off (too cheap!) and was never able to replace them. I'd love to nab a couple more of these early ones.

Nice, Jon! I've never even SEEN a copy! (worship)

15 hours ago, Point Five said:

16ae5o7.jpg

HUGE CONGRATS J!!!! When i went through the Gerbers and was looking for a Pep to hunt down this issue was actually the one that grabbed my attention first!! I remember fondly because it was Christmas season and we were back at my folks i had brought the guides home to look and remember pointing it out to several family members who all thought it was cool as well. So 28 was the first of many wartime Peps that entered onto my want list that day and I've only been able to nab the 28 and the 34 since. They are AWESOME, scarce, well respected, Fun from cover to cover, and not cheap!! Great snag bro!! 

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

HUGE CONGRATS J!!!! When i went through the Gerbers and was looking for a Pep to hunt down this issue was actually the one that grabbed my attention first!! I remember fondly because it was Christmas season and we were back at my folks i had brought the guides home to look and remember pointing it out to several family members who all thought it was cool as well. So 28 was the first of many wartime Peps that entered onto my want list that day and I've only been able to nab the 28 and the 34 since. They are AWESOME, scarce, well respected, Fun from cover to cover, and not cheap!! Great snag bro!! 

Had a hunch this one was right up your alley, Gino.  :headbang:  Let's see your copy too!

1 hour ago, GoldenPRGuy said:

Here's mine ... 

Pep28.jpeg

PS is it just me, or are images disappearing from posts? 

Looks great!  (thumbsu

(Yeah, nearly all Photobucket images are on the fritz right now on the CGC site. Arch and co are trying to figure it out.)