Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
53 53

11,643 posts in this topic

36,687 posts
4 hours ago, comicdonna said:

1 lot that contained 31 books.  My favorites in no particular order are:

The phantom witch doctor

Horrific

The hand of fate

Blue bolt weird tales

Startling terror

 

 

I should add that the page quality on these books is outstanding.  Many white pagers.  

 

Those are the kind of books that new shiny mylars were made for. They'll look beautiful in them. So you paid basically $33 each for those books - that's a nice buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,184 posts

Gold Rush Flea Market this last weekend, Nothing great, but a lot of $1-$5 boxes to dig through

014.jpg.2a2b490e95a2adde576b93a11e66d266.jpg

015.jpg.31995e146ee9dc1ec4bacb77cddb243e.jpg

012.jpg.1ecd422fc44c6b1bb0a44af93c003f3f.jpg

013.jpg.38f5ce4adb36509fcf349ac4fe56b28b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998 posts
18 hours ago, FineCollector said:

First flea market visit of the year.  There's a regular there who has boxes of books, records, pinback buttons, militaria all kinds of things.  Grading and pricing on the comics is a mystery, but found these two that I didn't have to haggle over .  Passed on some silver age Atoms at $80-140 for 5.0 shape, low grade JLAs in the late teens at $100 each, low grade Strange Tales at $60-80 each, that kind of thing.  You can deal him down to the right price sometimes, but didn't want to spend the time on stuff I didn't need as much.

688718312_20190512_1645131.thumb.jpg.225a62d2b5116525091f74c068d06333.jpg

Where's this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,688 posts
2 hours ago, spreads said:

Where's this?

Morrisburg... take Bank street south until you run out of road!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,462 posts
4 hours ago, Montezuma said:

Gold Rush Flea Market this last weekend, Nothing great, but a lot of $1-$5 boxes to dig through

014.jpg.2a2b490e95a2adde576b93a11e66d266.jpg

015.jpg.31995e146ee9dc1ec4bacb77cddb243e.jpg

012.jpg.1ecd422fc44c6b1bb0a44af93c003f3f.jpg

013.jpg.38f5ce4adb36509fcf349ac4fe56b28b.jpg

I'd say a couple of Baker covers for $1.-$5. is a SCORE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,184 posts

The sad thing was there was a box full of DeCarlo Millie's and Irma's, but they were all low grade and every one was missing pages. At a buck a piece I picked out any with decent covers, but most were completely shot. A stack of Dell Peanuts, also all missing the centerfold,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,462 posts
18 minutes ago, Montezuma said:

The sad thing was there was a box full of DeCarlo Millie's and Irma's, but they were all low grade and every one was missing pages. At a buck a piece I picked out any with decent covers, but most were completely shot. A stack of Dell Peanuts, also all missing the centerfold,

At a buck apiece, I would have probably bought them all unless brittle, rat chewed or missing large pieces of the covers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998 posts
18 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Morrisburg... take Bank street south until you run out of road!

Oh right, no thanks :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,954 posts
3 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

First purchase since December is just 1 book

IMG_3285.thumb.JPG.aead7592a4ee6e4bd6c45668e93babae.JPG

 

Sweet! Worth the wait ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,954 posts
23 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

First purchase since December is just 1 book

IMG_3285.thumb.JPG.aead7592a4ee6e4bd6c45668e93babae.JPG

 

if there is a storygiven the thread title lol

feel free to tell!

if i must know?

G6KF.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,548 posts
On 5/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Those are the kind of books that new shiny mylars were made for. They'll look beautiful in them. So you paid basically $33 each for those books - that's a nice buy.

Agreed.  Donna will do well on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,181 posts
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if there is a storygiven the thread title lol

feel free to tell!

if i must know?

G6KF.gif

Ha, no good story along with this one...yet. A collector contacted me just wanting to sell this one. He has more books and said he'd let me get first crack at them when/if he decides to sell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,719 posts

Latest pick-up...

TV and other annuals (Clangers! 1971 - old skool!)

Couple of sweet Playboy Coffee table books

1960's Archies and Peps

1950's Aussie Comics (Bluey and Curley is cool)

Some Simpsons stuff (not worth much but I only paid $100 for the whole kit and caboodle...)

Oh and 25 2005 still sealed KISS calendars  (shrug)

 

1.thumb.jpg.dda6bf26126125268e7a4b904bc99ad7.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.617c364df53b51388b61c59bfe3cabe4.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.8cc05610c4383e234458cdb6dab68f02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672 posts
18 hours ago, Beige said:

Latest pick-up...

TV and other annuals (Clangers! 1971 - old skool!)

Couple of sweet Playboy Coffee table books

1960's Archies and Peps

1950's Aussie Comics (Bluey and Curley is cool)

Some Simpsons stuff (not worth much but I only paid $100 for the whole kit and caboodle...)

Oh and 25 2005 still sealed KISS calendars  (shrug)

 

1.thumb.jpg.dda6bf26126125268e7a4b904bc99ad7.jpg

 

 

 

Good news is that you can reuse those Kiss calendars in 2022.  Do you plan on sitting on them for the next few years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,462 posts
18 hours ago, Beige said:

Latest pick-up...

TV and other annuals (Clangers! 1971 - old skool!)

Couple of sweet Playboy Coffee table books

1960's Archies and Peps

1950's Aussie Comics (Bluey and Curley is cool)

Some Simpsons stuff (not worth much but I only paid $100 for the whole kit and caboodle...)

Oh and 25 2005 still sealed KISS calendars  (shrug)

 

1.thumb.jpg.dda6bf26126125268e7a4b904bc99ad7.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.617c364df53b51388b61c59bfe3cabe4.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.8cc05610c4383e234458cdb6dab68f02.jpg

Funny books and Nudies. Does it get much better?  :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,395 posts

Can we see the Playboys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
53 53