• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

the 9.6 of that book may not recoup slabbing costs. 

Yeah, if I slabbed and got 9.6, it would probably be one that sat for a long time. I hate those. I dont like auctions. Just f'ed up and did a Vision 2 Keown variant 9.8 auction and basically just re-couped my money/or slightly lost after ebay fees. Complete mis-calculation on my part.

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

I remember commenting back in Jan or Feb how Adventures of Sups 500 1st Steel was undervalued in this market, when X-Force 1 popped and all those black Sups books.. Platinum Sups 75 are selling for premiums.. saldy 75 polybags are still at the same price

the book is not selling really for more now than in january. a copy of the green cover sold for $108 then and the "collector's" one has been around there too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adventures-of-Superman-500-CGC-9-8-2043371001-6-93-Original-owner/113896103446?hash=item1a84bc9e16:g:XKMAAOSwGcRdhQSW

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adventures-of-Superman-500U-Unbagged-No-Card-CGC-9-8-1993-3715872001-/313393717385?hash=item48f7b8a089%3Ag%3AV68AAOSwlJ5gDeX4&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

still worthless raw:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=adventures+superman+500&_sacat=0&Certification=Uncertified&_dcat=17084&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I pick this up on the cheap.  Prob my favorite Punisher cover, Ennis, and 1st Barracuda.  

Found the 104 for cheap.  Last issue and cool Bullseye vs Punisher cover.  Seems cheap now, always recommend grabbing the last 4 from this series for cheap.

Patrick

20210403_224731.jpg

20210403_224715.jpg

1 hour ago, atrocitus said:

I can’t figure out if this is gonna be real or not 

C05B682A-F641-4144-937B-60CFD244096D.png

Ha, I wondered if that would make the thread! That’s my book, and can confirm that the buyer paid within an hour of close. Trust me, no one is more surprised than me! I listed a bunch of Invincible books last week and was curious where this one would land. I think I started it at $10 or $15. Was thinking I’d get $30-$40 out of it. Then on Friday it showed up on the CBSI Hot 10, and suddenly it had 40 watchers.

To be fair, it’s a really sharp copy. I conservatively listed it as NM, but it looks like a 9.8 to me. But I don’t list books as 9.6 or 9.8 because I can’t guarantee it, and don’t want to disappoint people.

So, the buyer is getting a really nice copy. Is it $200 worth of nice? I wouldn’t have thought so, but these days I have to accept that I know nothing.

And this is another good example of why I think auctions work on large groups of hot stuff. Of course I had several other issues that didn’t even sell at $5, so it’s not foolproof. But I’ll just hang onto them for a couple of weeks and try again.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

STEEL IS THE FIRST BLACK SUPERMAN.

Steel is not Superman. Steel was never Superman. Steel was the only one of the 4 to not claim he was Superman.

Steel is obviously connected to Superman, but he is definitely NOT Superman.

6 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Brzrkr #1 2nd Print. Looks like a copy of the 3rd print has already sold for $50, and it's not out until later this month. I guess the third print is limited to 10,000 copies. (shrug)

They have been selling around $100 on feebay (3rd print). Just snagged some at dark phoenix comics online. 

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Ha, I wondered if that would make the thread! That’s my book, and can confirm that the buyer paid within an hour of close. Trust me, no one is more surprised than me! I listed a bunch of Invincible books last week and was curious where this one would land. I think I started it at $10 or $15. Was thinking I’d get $30-$40 out of it. Then on Friday it showed up on the CBSI Hot 10, and suddenly it had 40 watchers.

To be fair, it’s a really sharp copy. I conservatively listed it as NM, but it looks like a 9.8 to me. But I don’t list books as 9.6 or 9.8 because I can’t guarantee it, and don’t want to disappoint people.

So, the buyer is getting a really nice copy. Is it $200 worth of nice? I wouldn’t have thought so, but these days I have to accept that I know nothing.

And this is another good example of why I think auctions work on large groups of hot stuff. Of course I had several other issues that didn’t even sell at $5, so it’s not foolproof. But I’ll just hang onto them for a couple of weeks and try again.

Well congrats! If you've read the series, I cant find too much info about the ones I got lol

Other than a couple of sales, still missing major issues like #110 and 1-21 23 25 26 27 46

That's all I know I'm missing and probably there are others, but meh I'm trying to be happy about what I've found for cheap lol

We shall see

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Everyone pretty much has the same deal with Image. Image is a different type of publisher--they are more of a packager. So Image didn't make much more on WD than any other book--just their normal fee for getting it through publication and distribution. Kirkman made out huge.

Plus Kirkman had Skybound, not only to handle TWD merch and licensing but also as a 'higher touch' (vs Image) ala carte publisher of books. He really was bringing some value to the Image brand when they made him partner. As an aside, Invincible is weird ... I haven't read it or paid attention so only based on the show, more than a little derivative but with just enough of a twist to keep me interested thus far. 

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well congrats! If you've read the series, I cant find too much info about the ones I got lol

Other than a couple of sales, still missing major issues like #110 and 1-21 23 25 26 27 46

That's all I know I'm missing and probably there are others, but meh I'm trying to be happy about what I've found for cheap lol

We shall see

I haven't read the series (yet!) but started grabbing cheap copies as I found them a couple of months ago. Seems like regular "run" issues haven't really popped yet, but there are several issues that sell pretty well. In addition to the 110 I sold last night, I had a VFNM/NM- 19 sell for $47, and a nice NM 89 1st print sell for $30. I was satisfied, I didn't pay more than $5 for any of them.

15 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I pick this up on the cheap.  Prob my favorite Punisher cover, Ennis, and 1st Barracuda.  

Found the 104 for cheap.  Last issue and cool Bullseye vs Punisher cover.  Seems cheap now, always recommend grabbing the last 4 from this series for cheap.

Patrick

20210403_224731.jpg

20210403_224715.jpg

Buy them every chance I find them. Print runs were pretty low so you dont find them in nice condition very often.