• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

I also don't get it as Marvel has always been keen on having some female super heroes. Admittedly, none with their own title until...The Cat? Actually, that's pretty bad come to think of it. Sure, Antman/Giant Man & Wasp were featured in TOA and it was DD & Black Widow for a while, but really, no solo super hero title until Patsy Walker got super powers?

The Cat was a good series, Wally Wood's inks on the 1st issue are just beautiful!

What about Arana

Grabbed a few Ms Marvel 12s, just in case.

What for? Red Widow? If so, I believe first appearance is in Mockingbird: SHIELD 50th Anniversary which can be had from $1 bins. :eyeroll:

Red dagger 1st app.

Also grabbed a few of the 1:25 red widow.

well, I pre-ordered 20 copies of MOTORGIRL #1 but just heard from the LCS that he got ALLOCATED and only got 5 total copies. :sumo: So I am outofluck unless they come in next week.

How big do we see Beta becoming? Any reason to start hoarding Walking Dead #154?

This is a good question. My opinion in spoiler tag including spoiler for TWD 159

I'm calling a typical Kirkman move and having him die anyway even though he escaped death by Lucille

well, I pre-ordered 20 copies of MOTORGIRL #1 but just heard from the LCS that he got ALLOCATED and only got 5 total copies. :sumo: So I am outofluck unless they come in next week.

better not happen to me!

How big do we see Beta becoming? Any reason to start hoarding Walking Dead #154?

This is a good question. My opinion in spoiler tag including spoiler for TWD 159

I'm calling a typical Kirkman move and having him die anyway even though he escaped death by Lucille

Bigger than Alpha if he survives the war and lasts more than a year

Yep. I remember prices spiking on Alpha's first appearance, now a 9.8 can be had for $39.99 on eBay. In the unpredictable world of The Walking Dead, it's hard to see which characters will stick around and be huge and which ones won't.

And when the character appears on the show it will spike to $139...

Then when she's killed on the show it will spike to $179

Then back to $39

I don't expect this to be a big gain at all, but given this is Pre-Heat Speculation, I believe Green Arrow #14, out today, is the first appearance of a particular Arrow character in the mainstream DCU (i.e. not TV tie-ins):

Malcolm Merlyn.

3i590J7.jpg

Edited by ahsieh

I don't expect this to be a big gain at all, but given this is Pre-Heat Speculation, I believe Green Arrow #14, out today, is the first appearance of a particular Arrow character in the mainstream DCU (i.e. not TV tie-ins):

Malcolm Merlyn.

3i590J7.jpg

Did Wolverine jump ship to DC?

Malcolm Merlyn.

3i590J7.jpg

Did Wolverine jump ship to DC?

hm

I think this is a decent book. The thing that has never been proven is a TV character, in the current era, coming into the comic.

Their are reinventions, like Felicity Smoak, but Merlin is basically a new character.

So, in that panel is he announcing himself angrily in full name and moniker? Seems weird.

Merlyn - Arthur King 1st appeared in Justice League of America Vol. 1 Issue #94 in 1971

Thomas Merlyn - 1st appeared in Green Arrow #0 in 2012

Also goes by Aliases (The Dark Archer & The Magician)

So, this Malcolm Merlyn would just be a reinvention for Rebirth? Not new by any means, just a different person picking up the mantle of the Dark Archer.

Edited by Sleepindeath

Merlyn - Arthur King 1st appeared in Justice League of America Vol. 1 Issue #94 in 1971

Thomas Merlyn - 1st appeared in Green Arrow #0 in 2012

Also goes by Aliases (The Dark Archer & The Magician)

So, this Malcolm Merlyn would just be a reinvention for Rebirth? Not new by any means, just a different person picking up the mantle of the Dark Archer.

That's what I was thinking, dude has been around forever.

Here's a few that could have some potential down the road-

Batgirl Rebirth # 6- 1st app of Penguin's Son (E. Cobblepot) who will be in a plot line romance with Babs this year. He will be fleshed out a bit more in Batgirl # 7 on 1/25 .

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers # 9 - 1st appearance of a new Ranger in about 22 years- Lord Drakkon. His design is a cross between Tommy's White and Green Ranger suits. His origin will be revealed in issue # 12. The series was losing readers at about 10-15 percent every 2 months until Boom put out a press release for retailers to bump up orders for #9 due to something big happening. Issue #8 had a distribution of over 20.5 k which was down from over 23k for issue #7. Issue #9 had a distribution of appx 20.3k for one day-11/30/2016. There is a 1:25, 1:50, Scorpina Action Figure, and a "Villain Variant" available-other than rarity on the 1:25 and 1:50 there is nothing to fawn over. Some nice hype for the upcoming movie reboot in March and Issue # 12 will be released in February.

Totally Awesome Hulk # 3- 1st app of Kid Kaiju who has the ability to summon monsters when he draws them. Althought he has no control of them after they appear. He will be a main player (if not the cause of the monsters) in the upcoming Monsters Unleashed cross over from Marvel. There is a 1:20 Cho variant and 1:25 Perkins variants for TAH #3, Cho variant looks to be the winner in my humble opinion.bMarvel has said 2 new series will spin out of Monsters Unleashed. I believe Kid Kaiju will have one of them, or the next guy I'm going to mention will have one.

This one is a little tough, so Im going to list a few issues here as I'm having trouble picking how this guy's 1st appearance is going to be handled. He has some a few cameos in flashforwards or on computer screens in these 2 issues:

-All-New All Different Avengers # 0 (10/2015 release) Flashforward Cameo of American Kaiju. This issue in general has a TON of 1st appearances in general including a cameo of General Robert Maverick the new Red Hulk in U.S. Avengers. There's an Adams Wrap Around Variant, a Captain America Cosplay Variant that is a 1:15, and a Kirby Monster Variant.

-New Avengers # 8 (3/2016 release) Cameo appearance of American Kaiju on a tv/computer screen.

Then a full on:

New Avengers # 9 (4/2016 release)1st full appearance of American Kaiju (Todd Ziller) on cover and in Issue. Origin of American Kaiju/Todd Ziller. I suspect this issue will be the market favorite because there's no variants to chase that I'm aware of, and because he's front and center in the cover with his name mentioned. Just never know how things will play out with cameos and 1st apps.

If Kid Kaiju doesn't get an ongoing series out of Monsters Unleashed, I think American Kaiju will.

All of these can be had for around cover price other than the ratio variants.

*Disclosure- I have 2 reg copies of MMPR #9, 2 copies of TAH # 3, 1 copy of each Batgirl Rebirth # 6, no copies of Avengers # 0 but will be buying a cosplay variant, and no copies of New Avengers # 9 but will be on lookout for copies at the shops near me.

Edit- fixed some run on sentences and rearranged the order of two sentences on the Hulk. Added clarification on New Avengers # 9 being the one to pick for American Kaiju

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid