• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, jhutton2 said:

It’s not the most exciting group shot, but this is the entire run of Planet Comics that has taken me a little over a decade to assemble ?.   It’s feels pretty cool to have them all together.   I will put together a separate thread at some point to share more details of the run and my process I undertook to complete this challenging task.   Still a number of issues I would love to upgrade at some point, and some that I plan on having placed in new slabs, but overall I am very happy with the run I have put together ?

(worship) X1000

12 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Picked this up tonight. 

ED7C3E83-6EA8-43A4-83CC-C43263535BF0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

what's going on with the top of the book here?

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I will let you know in a week or two

Hole punches probably. Here is the top of page 1 splash of Planet #8 from Comic Book Plus. Colors match up with what can be seen on the front cover.

5addf8e4ea523_ScreenShot2018-04-23at11_14_26AM.thumb.png.9d49cb618409002a1c3ebefafa8fc94a.png

11 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Got this one on ebay

86D67D74-6C96-48A7-BC69-48E25FE9000A.jpeg

Nice!! A Fiction House classic. I was watching that one last night; it went for a good price (for the buyer, i.e., you). Meanwhile I was busy over at another second-tier GA publishing company...

7 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hole punches probably. Here is the top of page 1 splash of Planet #8 from Comic Book Plus. Colors match up with what can be seen on the front cover.

5addf8e4ea523_ScreenShot2018-04-23at11_14_26AM.thumb.png.9d49cb618409002a1c3ebefafa8fc94a.png

that is what I thought. I am rather surprised to see the book in a cgc 6.0 slab with 4 holes punched in the cover.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

that is what I thought. I am rather surprised to see the book in a cgc 6.0 slab with 4 holes punched in the cover.

I believe CGC allows for a lower grade in Blue or a higher (grade without the defect) In green, dealers choice.

6 minutes ago, Finhead said:

I believe CGC allows for a lower grade in Blue or a higher (grade without the defect) In green, dealers choice.

yes but in this specific book it shouldn't be 6.0 blue label.  With the bottom right corner crease it is very likely a 7.0 without the 4 punched holes. What is the proper grade deduction for 4 holes?