• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Condition Pet Peeves??

40 posts in this topic

OK we all have them - comic book condition pet peeves......maybe its a date stamp right on the white part of the cover or perhaps it is a name written across the top. Maybe its Marvel chipping or perhaps its dog-eared pages inside.

For me personally it is a brittle spine...i like to flip thru my comics or at least have the option to do so and when you open a book and you see daylight through the spine and giant staple holes and the cover is shaking that is a dealbreaker for me.

Whats yours???

Any rust on staples, no way.

Brittle pages, forget it.

Don't like crazy amounts of spine stress.

Pressing doesn't please me. If I know it's pressed, I will probably look for something else.

Being an exterminator, rat , silverfish,or any other pest is out of the question. Think about, if rats chew on it, there is a certainty that they urinated on it too. :eek:

Really does depend on the particular comic and it's age. In general brittle or missing pages really bug me out, and as a 70's Marvel fan the cut out MVS have caused me more than a few headaches. :pullhair:

I've never really been conflicted over rat or rodent urination in a book so long as it's disclosed.

Brittle Pages, do not want the book falling apart each time I touch it, however...

With the books I am looking for and an Extremely tight budget anything else is fine with me,

I am also one of those guys that has no issues with tape to hold a ragged book together and prevent further damage.

...books with 'white pages' label that have back covers with shadow or edge tanning.

White paged books where the covers are like spoiled cheese. :sick:

Any rust on staples, no way.

Brittle pages, forget it.

Don't like crazy amounts of spine stress.

Pressing doesn't please me. If I know it's pressed, I will probably look for something else.

Being an exterminator, rat , silverfish,or any other pest is out of the question. Think about, if rats chew on it, there is a certainty that they urinated on it too. :eek:

:o I don't chew on many of my books, but I usually urinate on them before shipping - never had a complaint. :cool: