• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2017 at 9:45 PM, SOLAR BOY said:

Sha I thanked him via pm. He messaged me and I thanked him for doing it but I told him I didn't feel it needed to be done. The deals on the books are very very good, I was doing 60-70% off and giving a lot of free books. I don't think with all that I'm doing I needed to go back and put page numbers for the bargain shoppers to find them easier. That's why I made the statement. Raze and I are cool and he has bought a lot from me. He's a good guy and we respect each other. We spoke via pm which is my and his business and that's it. 

I only want to say that I was the one who did the recap on my own without expecting anything from anyone. I did send @SOLAR BOY a PM to let him know. 

I did have 2 board members contact me and say thanks, if they would like to be known to all here they will post( but not  necessary ).They contacted me via PM and that’s where I’d like to keep it in case they don’t want it known.  Both members are people who I have seen and read their posts and like a lot, and both were very nice. I let them know that solarboy and I had talked about and I  appreciate them contacting me.

Ive had ONLY great experiences here on the boards! And want to keep it that way. 

Thanks

dan

11 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

It is absolutely amazing some of the books being offered/sold at the end of this year :golfclap: Knew I should have saved up more money, so many cool books and books I have never seen.

It's true, but honestly related to PCH, I'm scared to both buy and sell right now.  Pricing history seems to have gone out the window lately.  Just saw a book I sold here for $150 flipped for close to $300.  I don't mind the flip part, but I priced it based on recent sales activity on eBay and GPA.  

2 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

It's true, but honestly related to PCH, I'm scared to both buy and sell right now.  Pricing history seems to have gone out the window lately.  Just saw a book I sold here for $150 flipped for close to $300.  I don't mind the flip part, but I priced it based on recent sales activity on eBay and GPA.  

I don't collect the stuff, but seeing all the low grade rags being offered and sold for $500-1500 would have me spooked too.

On 12/6/2017 at 3:20 PM, vaillant said:

I would add that “inside jokes” can be made publicly, but they should be stated clearly as such… Sharon does them every time! xD

Sorry, lol...that's just how I talk...ask anyone who speaks to me;) my mind is 2 miles ahead of the words;) and I forget no one else knows what i'm talking about;)

On 12/8/2017 at 9:58 PM, Raze said:

I only want to say that I was the one who did the recap on my own without expecting anything from anyone. I did send @SOLAR BOY a PM to let him know. 

I did have 2 board members contact me and say thanks, if they would like to be known to all here they will post( but not  necessary ).They contacted me via PM and that’s where I’d like to keep it in case they don’t want it known.  Both members are people who I have seen and read their posts and like a lot, and both were very nice. I let them know that solarboy and I had talked about and I  appreciate them contacting me.

Ive had ONLY great experiences here on the boards! And want to keep it that way. 

Thanks

dan

I'll say the same thing I said before, Dan...you reminded me of one of my favorite lost boarders, Decepticon. It was very nice of you.

Now, the real reason I was going to post here;)

Just in case you don't frequent Comics General (or can't find it in the new forum), I wanted to make sure everyone gets to join in the FAMOUS Dr. X's Christmas contest!

Don't miss it! one of the best parts of the CGC holiday season:)

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:
56 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I don't collect the stuff, but seeing all the low grade rags being offered and sold for $500-1500 would have me spooked too.

You should have bid higher on my JLA 6!!!

I don't have the money to go all in these days.  

bottomfeeder.png

I see another person has slid into this place to use it for the sole purpose of selling without fees.

Complaining about eBay yet using the standard over grading to call a key silver age book a 7.0 when 

it appears from the pictures that it would be 5.5 or 6.0 and asking a firm price of $1,200 which is about $400 to $500 

more then fair market value.  Probably would look a lot worse if he had the ability to provide quality scans and not crappy angled pictures.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!  

3 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I see another person has slid into this place to use it for the sole purpose of selling without fees.

Complaining about eBay yet using the standard over grading to call a key silver age book a 7.0 when 

it appears from the pictures that it would be 5.5 or 6.0 and asking a firm price of $1,200 which is about $400 to $500 

more then fair market value.  Probably would look a lot worse if he had the ability to provide quality scans and not crappy angled pictures.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!  

I'm not usually too good at this, but would that person happen to have just 2 posts?;)

2 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!  

Book appears to be about a 5.0 to me.  It's far from 7.0.  If it was a graded 7.0 the price would be fine.  No ebay fees, no paypal fees and the protection it would provide the buyer, and a overgraded book to treasure.  win win win

11 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Book appears to be about a 5.0 to me.  It's far from 7.0.  If it was a graded 7.0 the price would be fine.  No ebay fees, no paypal fees and the protection it would provide the buyer, and a overgraded book to treasure.  win win win

I was going with 5.0 myself but generously bumped it to 5.5 or 6.0 because of the angled back cover pic.  Hence the reason I said it would look worse with an actual scan and not crappy angled pics 

20 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Well, this is looking to be some early Christmas entertainment:

OP said the book was sold before thread got locked? Yikes... I would definitely save the receipt on that one.